WHERE DOES IT STOP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait wait wait.... lol Caymen i think that is where i got that quote from come to think about it! That movie was excellent and even though larry flint in real life isn't nearly as likable as woody harrison it made ya have to appreciate what he managed to wiggle in and out of...

That would be great, IF everybody lived this way. However, it's because of busy-bodies whining to the gov't that we can't. Vicious cycle and what not.

but you so can live the way you want. Don't worry about what others say. it is such an easy way to live. Do what you feel is right and life is so much easier.

I agree you cant or maybe shouldnt' legislate morality or poor taste. But we do it all the time. Some of it is frivolous. I believe without some of it we would have a anything goes society. So the question is, from another perspective. Where does it or we stop. IMO, PC is replacing, in some cases, what is decent in the eyes of the majority.JMO..:)

Next time you vent, you mind putting a little more effort in your punctuation and grammar? Unless of course you're 12, then I understand.

Why can't you legislate morality? Should we allow murder, rape, stealing? That is legislating morality. We have decided that individuals have the right to be safe in their person and property. That is nothing more than what we as a society have decided is moral.

Of course, if we no longer make murder, rape and stealing illegal then people will quit doing it. It will no longer be glamorous.

The founders of our country never had any intention of us being granted the types of freedoms you are discussing here. There is freedom, but there is also the rule of law. What is being discussed here is the beginning of a very slippery slope that allows arguments from groups like NAMBLA.

Next time you vent, you mind putting a little more effort in your punctuation and grammar? Unless of course you're 12, then I understand.

How is this constructive? What does saying this accomplish? This post has absolutely no relevance, so next time say something productive towards the topic of the post or don't say anything at all.

Why can't you legislate morality? Should we allow murder, rape, stealing? That is legislating morality. We have decided that individuals have the right to be safe in their person and property. That is nothing more than what we as a society have decided is moral.

So are we legislating those things because they are morally wrong, or are they wrong because we're legislating them? I don't see anything morally wrong with bright colorful plastic nuts hanging from a truck, F U t-shirts, etc.

People forget they don't have the right not to be offended. You don't like the nuts, look away, don't like my t-shirt, don't read it.

People forget they don't have the right not to be offended. You don't like the nuts, look away, don't like my t-shirt, don't read it.

Exactly how I see it, Jeff C! don't like it-- CLOSE YOUR EYES!!

Dingo....are you saying...put a plug in it? :lol: GAWD! that is too funny and I am not offended by it. :lol:

So the population is to walk around life with eyes closed, so I dont see a T-shirt that says F U.

That sounds so silly. It has already been seen. To wear or display bad taste is up to the individual, agree'd. When it reaches the point of not a joke but vulgarity. The masses should not have to be the blind ones...So what now, we talk about what is vulgar? No society has already set those points.

Civilized society also has the right not to have some things "deliberatly" displayed, in front of them.

I may be one of the older members here but I grew up in the '60s. So I do understand freedom of expression and speech. It all has its limits. Whether you call it, rights or privilige.

Yall' have a good day..:D

When "civilized society" starts banning things "for our own good", we have officially sold our souls to the Brave New World. Banning something, hiding it under the rug for now, and making future citizens ignorant of it will only cause more damage when the banned items are rediscovered.

Who decides what should be banned for society? Obviously society itself does not, for such a democratic effort would negate itself--there are at least as many people who want their truck to be accessorized (gay) as there are who don't.

For a ban to go through, we'd need to have a sort of oligarchy of "pious and morally responsible" individuals. Of course, those individuals would be hypocrites because everyone has something impure and morally irresponsible in their lives. So we would have sanctimonious aristocrats leading us in a nanny state. Didn't the Puritans try this and fail? If this were to go on, there would be persecutions for accusations of breaking code, a la the salem trials, as history is doomed to repeat itself.

Let me know when "society" is going to start banning things, so I can be ready to fight it or make my leave. No one has challenged the system since 1860, and no one has challenged the system and truly _won_ since 1776. The odds aren't good for keeping this creeping PC tyranny down, and with such odds, it is no wonder that many harbor strong doubt that America will make it to her 100th president.

Latest posts