Where did you put your aftermarket CD changer?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In both my '01 and my '07 I put them in the storage compartment behind the rear seat on the driver side. I had aftermarket hed units in both vehicles (pioneer) and hooked them up using the IP Bus (no need for RCA cables, just the IP cable and power tot he rear) and controlled by the head unit. It is just a 6 disc changer, but a 10 or twelve would probably fit back there as well.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 6 disk DVD changer in my center console. I had to do some modification to the metal mounting plate to get the right depth. I am very happy with it there. It is hidden and easy to get to.

JK, I was thinking just that ... remove my bag (have the half console) and install it there. Can't use the rear compartment like A1 since I've built my own dual subwoofer box and amp rack back there. Hmmm, didn't think about DVD changer, will have to check that out. I'll check measurements for the console area. Thanks for the info guys.

My friend also put the 6 disc changer in her Mountaineer console which of course is the exact same inside as my 04. Works great for her, she said just easier access. Some put them under their seats.

Latest posts