where could I get a G.E.M. module

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Donaldson

Reaction score
Well If i can figure out how I will post a video of my now drivable V8 gen 1 sport trac however I still do have a wiring problem... fixing the speedometer

Plain and simple I need a 2001 2.5 liter ranger General electronic module (or G.E.M.) as a possible solution for getting the speedometer to work. The local ford dealer ship wants 350 for one and I really don't want to spend that much. so if you guys know of any cheap ways of finding one of those that would be awesome.

The only other solution I can think of is using the v8 explorers abs module and trying to wire that in parallel with the abs sensors but I read that someone else tried that with no success.

So if any of you guys are FORD wiring Einsteins or know how I can get a cheap 2001 ranger 2.5L GEM module that would be incredibly, amazingly, stupendously, working 5.0 in sport trac'n -ly awesome! :D

Thanks for all the help

-Don D.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you check www.car-part.com

you can even call some places out of state...

Todd Z

Might I suggest getting in touch with a guy name Eric on www.ExplorerX.com . He did the 302 swap into his Explorer Sport and I seem to recall him having the same problem. You might be able to talk to him and find a solution...