Where can I find a good Gen2 Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone - I just became a member of the group, although I have reading for some time.

I would like to purchase a Gen2, V8, 4WD ST and I am having trouble finding one. Have been searching: CarMax, Autotrader, Cars, Edmunds, CarGuru, Craigslist, and local Ford dealerships.

A lot of the CarFax records, on the vehicles listed, show many coming from Canada, and most being sold at auto auctions. Do you think these are necessarily bad histories? Should I avoid an ST from the north because of possible rust issues?

Are there any other places I should be looking?

I wish I could buy a new one, of course, but maybe I can find a gently used one and make it like new! :)

Thanks very much for your help.

Lisa

May also try searching AllOfCraigslist. Be careful and GL.

Try AutoTrader, Edmunds, or Cars.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of us would like to buy a new one, unfortunately Ford decided we should all buy F-150s.

There is an '08 Adrenalin listed on ebay now (others also). I can't vouch for them, but it might be worth looking into.

First rule: Be patient.

Suggest you use Car Gurus for your search. Let them send you e-mails on new listings.

I've owned two Gen 2's. First one brand new, second just purchased, a 2007 Limited 4X4 V8 with 57K miles. Drove 3 hours to look at it and to buy it. Purchased from a dealer. Paid $17K for it and it was in excellent condition.

You can find them with less miles (ex: 2010 with 13K miles) but you'll pay around $28K. Depends on your budget.

You could buy a F-150 short bed and get a similar look but IMO without the independent suspension, it will ride like a truck. There's probably one in my future when my Sport Trac options run out.

Good luck on your search.

Expand your look radius and keep looking. You'll find one eventually.

about 10 of them within 50 miles. Expand your search. See link

Hi Christina - I am in North Carolina.

However, I am happy to report that I finally found a very nice 2007 V8, 4WD, fairly loaded, ST Limited with only 30K miles. Believe it or not, I found it on ebay and it was right here in NC.

It had some oversized Yokohama tires on it with a lift kit and spacers. I didn't like the drive with the big tires, so I had all that removed and put proper sized Michelin Latitude Tours on. It drives really nice now, and it is like new. Even though black is not the best color for the summers here in NC, I am very happy with my find!

Thank you everyone for your help and encouragement. Now I will probably be reading a lot more about upgrades you all have made, and asking lots of questions. I think first order of business is a new radio with satrad and bluetooth.

Here is one of the photos from the ebay listing (before removal of tires, lift kit, and spacers)

9d8339af992cd6ccad81e96ce96b423e.jpg

Latest posts