When your retired

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
You create work. have always been an avid home shop machinist.

A useless device for transferring power around corners:) actually took me about two weeks to make it, on to the next project.[Broken External Image]:

As a retiree who specializes in being retired, I would like to say that it is a project worthy of an "retiree achievement award. It has all the requirements:

Extensive planning.

Somethint that nobody wants so you don't have to make one for friends.

Looks good and shows that you arn't just sitting around drinking.

Simple enough that you can drink while making it.

Requires very little cleanup (one major rule of retirement is don't clean your shop)

And, is not large enough to hurt yourself carrying or constructing.

Take a couple of weeks off.

Tip for bill:

The person who had made the bed extender holder-uppers for ST's quit making them a while ago.

They mounted between the bed side and the rear tie down loops with a hole for the lockdown button to slid into. I got a pair from their last batch for my old '05 and loved 'em.

I'm just sayin'.....

JadedRedfish said,

Requires very little cleanup (one major rule of retirement is don't clean your shop)

:lol: My shop is a mess, at least Bill completed one project..;)

10 to 1,,, you put this on a counter and nearly everyone that passes by it will turn the crank just to see what happens..

We use to charge capacitors and leave them laying around on the counter tops at work.

ALWAYS,,,, some customer would come in and pick it up... WHAM,,, nice little shock.

We would just look at them and asked why they picked it up. Rarely did they have an answer other than just because... LOL

CJ, I did that to my cousin years ago. Helped him tune an old car with points and condensor. Told him I was checking the condensor. Charged it from spark plug wire. Then handed it to him. He tried to slug me when he touched both ends.:lol:

We use to charge capacitors and leave them laying around on the counter tops at work.

LOL. I once had a lighter I bought at a fun shop that would give you a pretty decent shock when you tried to use it. Got a lot of joy leaving it outside on the "smokers table" at work. :rolleyes:

No hydralics, all mechanical, turn the crank, the four rods rotate, in turn rotate the opposing (90 degs) drum, simple reallly, machining the thing took a couple hrs.

adjusting it took weeks, two small pillow blocks, 2 bux worth of scrap

My crowning achievement, total waste of time:)

Don't feel bad Bill.......I bult a shoe shine box back when I was in woodshop. Damn, wish I would have kept it so I could now use it on the streets of Dallas.....Shoe shine anyone?

By the looks of it, the rods don't spin/rotate, there is a gear on the ends and the the rods just move in circles around those gears.

Looks like the rods slide in and out of the two cylinders... Getting longer on both ends as they get farther away from the inside 90 degree angle?

Looks like the rods slide in and out of the two cylinders... Getting longer on both ends as they get farther away from the inside 90 degree angle?

Ahhh yes, I see it now.:)

Latest posts