When to replace shocks?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Green

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Sport trac 2wd. I have just done a tt on the front to level the truck out. I have 68000 miles on my truck and the shocks have never been replaced. When should I replace the shocks on my truck. And with what, any suggestions?

Thanks alot

Michael

Replace them as soon as you get home. In fact, on the way home from teh dealership, you should stop by the parts store and buy some new ones.

Really anything out there has gotten good reviews here, Tokico, Rancho, Edelbrock, can't go wrong really. Although with the front being altered, be sure to get altered height shocks so you don't wear the new ones out.

Tiger isn't exagerating. Stock shocks are crap. I didn't believe it either until I replaced mine.

Replace them as soon as you can and you will greatly feel the difference. Your truck will feel like it gained about $10,000 more in value. Seriously.

Replaced mine on my 2004 at around 15000 with Monroe Reflex and couldn't be happier. The improvement in ride and handling is dramatic.

R.T.

I replaced mine at 1500 miles with Rancho rsx...they are the same as monroe reflex...the difference in ride and stability is amazing...Dont buy stock replacements...

Used Edelbrock Performer IAS about 15-20K miles ago. That was at 40K when the stock shocks began to feel "harsh"... but damn, the Trac never felt that good. I'm at 60K miles now and wish I could get my first 40K back with better shocks.

Ford's factory shocks suck.