When is Ford redoing the Sport Trac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
Whats up all? I have not been around much for a while, been very busy.

I am wondering if there is any news about when or if Ford is going to redo

the ST. Last I heard they were going to do it for 2006.

I am nearing the end of my extended warranty, I have alittle over 60K miles on my

'01 ST and if I was going to trade it in on a new one then it would be best to do it

before its value gets any lower.

2007 wiil be the new model should be out in 2006 i would think. do a search and you will find all kind of info on it

I feel it is more like " When is ford ruining the trac!!!"

But my opinions are worthless any way....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel it is more like " When is ford ruining the trac!!!"

I agree Todd Z. IMO, the new Trac doesn't look good and anyone who likes the lifted 4x4 look can just forget about it. It's too 'street'. The current style can go either way very nicely.

The new Sport Trac is supposed to be unveiled at the fair in Dallas next month, the day before our annual National Sport Trac meet (assuming it still occurs).

Here are some photos and a link with more information:

[Broken External Image]:

2007 Sport Trac Spy photo

[Broken External Image]:

2007 Sport Trac Spy photo

[Broken External Image]:

SVT Adrenalin

[Broken External Image]:

SVT Adrenalin

yep, change is good... The current Trac really needs to be retired. It's running on 20 year old technology.

The 07 is gonna be better in many ways.

....things are a changing :) And it doesn't look too street in person ;)

Axle going through the frame? That pretty much sums it up. Way too street. The IRS will limit how much you can lift it, and lower it. You will not be able to load it down as much for fear of hitting the frame.

Sorry, the IRS is bad news for us here that use the Trac like a truck.

You into offroading, my bet is you will have to mark the Trac off the list of possible vehicles.

Change, done right, is good.

Tom

Ok, I see they covered the Ford ovals on the spy photos, but you can still see the blue Ford oval on the wheel center caps. What's up with that?

Change doesn't mean you can't do something, it just may mean you can't do it the same way you used to. Even if the axle is through the frame, someone will find a way to lift it, even if it means relocating the axle. And isn't a body lift still possible anyway?

After all, old time hot rodders saw the demise of the carburetor and the start of electronic controls as the end of the performance car. Now we see it a little differently, don't we?

I don't know the exact date since Ford has not announce the actual release date, but there will be no 2006 model released this September. Instead they will release the new model as a 2007 but it will be in early 2006 (perhaps in February or March of 2006). They did that with the first 2001 Sport Trac that was released in March of 2000.

...Riich

The last SUV comparo I read had the Explorer dead last in off road ability. Couple that with the Trac's long wheelbase and you have a street only machine.

Tom

Jeff, Maybe the emblems will say ST or sporttrac or they should say EXPLORF150!!!!!!:lol::lol:

Thing looks like a dam explorer got rear ended by a F150....

The original design was some what unique except for the front facia...

EVEN with the V8 option I will not buy another one.....:(

If i wanted a F150 I would have bought one....

Todd Z

The new SportTrac looks like a street-only ricer.

I want a truck, not a stationwagon.

Ford is RUINING the SportTrac. Guess I'll get a F-150 Crew next time.

This is the way the Explorer passes the rear axle through the frame. I expect the Trac to be done the same way.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Chris

Latest posts