When Chevy met Ford

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob k 2

Reaction score
on my way to a friends house for a few days. and this happens. the Chevy didn't look to good :banghead:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

That's what happens when a 2800 pound unibody, made to crumble, meets a 4600 pound full frame suv made to stomp on that little thing we call Earth!

i take it the chevy didnt know you had slowed to stop?, i miss the days of cars actually being made out of mostly metal

Hey Bob, at least it wasn't another Jersey driver that hit you(not that it would have made any difference). Sorry this happened, glad you're OK. The Trac can be fixed, the Chevy, probably will be totaled. You drove away I suppose? Ford: 1, Chevy: ha-ha-ha, Bob

the chevy driver was a older guy he said he was coughing and when he looked up i was there. he hit at about 30 or so mph. we were both ok.

i drove it back to jersey the exhaust was banging some the left pipe was against the shock.

his air bags never went off which i thought was odd considering the front end damage.

i just noticed the exhaust hole in his car...lol

the insurance company got me a rental..it was the same model as the one that hit me. lol

i turned it down got a toyota camery.

Glad your ok....

Todd Z

The Trac doesn't look so good either.

That's going to be expensive, but hopefully not for you.

Air bags don't go off just because of front end damage, it must be a very sudden stop with specific parameters.

Glad you and the other driver are ok.

That's why I leave my tow hitch and 3 ball receiver on my Trac. I've been rearended 4 times and never had any damage to mine but I can't say the same for the other peoples cars and trucks.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and if you can't read the sticker I made for the back, it say's

"Back Off or I'll deploy your airbag"

When I get around to building my Steel rear bumper with swing out tire carrier I'm making another one that say's

"You are my Crumple Zone"

:bwahaha::haveabeer:

yup it was the Heartthrob...took a look at it with the adjuster today. it looks like a heart-attack..lol it sounded good to me. but it took some getting used to and i think after it being on for over 2 years it got quieter or i just got used to it. the adjuster said they will repair it to pre accident status including the dual-exhaust. he did say if it takes too long to get it they will pay a local shop to put new duels on it.

Nice, They got quieter over time because the muffler/ tips get clogged. You can change those out, they sell the replacements at J.C. Whitney.

If you think that Chevy looks bad after rear ending the ST, you should have seen the little car that bumped into the Ford 350 RV I rented last July.:grin:

just got back from the body shop. $3900 in damage. didnt notice that under the taillight near the bottom the fender is cracked. frame is only out a little. he was able to get the same exhaust too. will have it back in a week. cant wait. i hate this Toyota rental.

Latest posts