Wheel without Brake Dust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
Hey guys I am mad as hell at brake dust. Will these solve my problem? Can anyone find me a set of wheels like this on the internet for 2005 Sport Trac XLT. I currently have 20" rims and would like to keep my tires. I know some of you guys do a lot of searching for wheels and may have come across something similar. I am looking for the type 61.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could just install brake dust shields.........

Todd Z

i have brake dust shields on my vette and they do the job but there is slight compromise of braking as they retain the heat.

I'm using EBC Greenstuff brake pads, and they seem to be pretty light in the way of brake dust production. Although, it's kinda hard to tell with all of the road salt right now.

Dingo how hard are they to install?

and how much do you sell a complete set

for an 07 trac.

To install, you just push 'em in the wheel and put it back on.

I usually sell a pair for $44.95. That's $10 less than list price.

I have them on my T-Bird (16 spoke wheels) and they work very well and save a lot of time.

these say they are aluminum, aside from adding some weight, wouldnt you have to rebalance your wheels? Do they make these in a hard plastic??

I had them on my stock xlt wheels. Also on the wifes '01 escape. They worked great and looked good. I had them on front and rear. Looked strange on front only. Kleen wheels arent making them for our '08 escape yet. They also come in colors now also.

Dingo, it came with 5 spoke 17" chrome clad. I recieved an email from kleen wheels last month. They said they dont make them

That's odd. Here's what mine says:

2008 Escape (5 Spk. Dsgn. - Chrome clad) 17" Alloy

I can verify tomorrow if you'd like.

Check it out and give me the price on 2 pair. I notice one thing on these wheels vs. the 5spoke on the '01 escape. On the '08 they will have to be very precision fit. There is only 1/8" clearance between the caliper and the back side of the spokes, with the 17" chrome clad.

[email protected]

Everyone remember, those covers cover up the best looking part of the wheels, the brakes behind them.

Tom

Tom,

IT would be funny to paint on a caliper and rotor to the cover... LOL

You could see it when it is parked, Don't know about driving... HAHAHAHAHA

Todd Z

Dingo - Would they have a set for my '01 with ProComp eXtreme Alloy 6001 series chrome rims 16 x 8 on it? The brake dust is horrible . . . .

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts