Wheel hub center nut torque

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydawg74

Reaction score
Does anyone know the right torque for the wheel hub center nut ? I replaced both wheel hubs about 2 months ago and one of them went bad already. I'm certain that i over torqued the nut since i drove it on with an impact wrench. The guy at the part store said the torque setting is 221 ft/lbs, i've seen some people around the net say it's anywhere from 100 - 200 ft/lbs. I'm gonna have to replace it again and i dont want to have to re-re-re-replace it in another 2 months ! Thanks !

That sucks bro, I changed mine over a year ago and just torqued it down to German torque specs, goodntight and all is well, I just used my ratchet. What brand were the assembly's? I didn't look in my Ford books but the Haynes book lists the torque to be 157-213.

Dennis is spot on. '05 Ford ST Workshop Manual specs @ 220 Nm (162 lb-ft)

FYI- EddieS'04 (Fast Eddie) posted standard bolt torque specs on FAQ. (General) :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies !

I should have mentioned my ST is an 01' 4x4

Mike Y, I used the same nut that was on there when i changed it 2 months ago. I did try to get new ones, as i've heard you're supposed to use them just once, but i could'nt find any in my area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts