Whats wrong with this pic?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's wrong with that pic is that you are only paying around $2.50/gallon. I'm jealous. Gas here is around $2.95/gallon.

Curious though. My tank holds supposedly 22.5 gallons. You the same? Can't really explain. Maybe that pump needs to be recalibrated.

Williamsburg, Virginia.

I'm concerned about the gallons. Last I checked we had a 21.5 gallon tank? + fuel line + fuel filter ~ 22.5?? How in gods heaven did this thing register 23.175?

I almost yelled thief at the gas station.

did you fill the lawn mower first?

Proof the Sport Trac really can run on fumes!

I've gone as high as 22.8 or so before. I don't try to make it a habit, but it happens.

the job 2 gen 1 ST has a 22.5 gallon tank.... Thats just the tank..... Add the filler neck, Tank belly (weight from gas swelling the tank) I could see you getting 23.1 in there....

But I bet if you drive or ran the engine for another min or so, it would have died.....

Todd Z

I pushed my '04 to almost 24gal once. I try to refill once I get below 1/2 tank. Ran out of gas a few times in other cars. The gauge was reading 1/4 when I did. So I dont take chances.

Gas is average 2.51 in houston area, today.

maybe it was 2002, i did not look that far back, either case his truck has the larger tank..

Todd Z

Honolulu's current price for Chevron 87 is $3.35 - $3.45 per gallon.

Hope the XCal3 tune for 87E works. Will recoup in no time, if it does.

Latest posts