what size speakers fit in our tracs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6x8 is stock size. 5x7 is also a common replacement as they will fit the 6x8 mounts. I have 4 new 6x8 Audiobahns sitting on my apartment floor with no time to install. By the way does anyone have any opinions on Audiobahn quality? I know it is too late now as I have already purchased them but what kind of sound can I expect out of these. They are 6x8 ACS2068P.

Thanks

I think in the fron can u fit a little bigger maybe 6x6 but after that you have to get custom to make them fit. The 6x6 gives you more bass, if I am correct.

Me,

I was going for the audiobahns, I don't remember the model, some 6800r or something like that, but then I came across with a good offer on Pioneers and I got 'em instead.

Me, i've dealt with a lot of audiobahn products, but primarily subs...i'm not really familiar with the speakers. i do know that most of the lower to mid range audiobahn subs aren't anything amazing. they tend to advertise the ability to handle way more watts than they actually can. but the higher up audiobahn series' tend to be alright, more for spl than sq...

i'm sure your speakers are much better and cleaner than stock though. good luck with the install!

Andy

I checked the specs on those Audiobahn speakers and they seem ideal for use with the stock HU. High sensitivity numbers are crucial to performance with non-amped HUs. 95db is high for a car speaker. The Audiobahns look good on paper (especially the frequency response) but nice specs don't always mean nice sound. A flashy appearance is often an indicator of poor quality and the Audiobahn's covers do seem a bit overdone cosmetically. You won't need the covers, so they can be tossed. Don't forget to install the outboard crossovers. The speakers won't work as advertised without them. As has already been mentioned, most any decent speakers will sound better than the factory units.

A liberal application of Dynomat (or a similar product) will significantly enhance the enjoyment of your upgraded speakers. At the very least, stick a small (10 x 10 or so) sound deadening pad on the inside of the door directly in back of the speakers. It's an easy addition to a speaker installation.