What Oil To Use in my 08 STA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
Needing an oil change on my 2008 STA AWD V8. This is my first one since I got it in May 2012. I have no idea what was used in it prior to my purchasing it. Info and recommendations please!

:banghead:

Oh, and BTW, what do you all recommend to use with this oil change? What weight is bettter for the Texas sun and heat, thick or thin oil?

Thank you for that tip, Gavin. Obviously my STA was sold twice before I bought it, so the maual was not there, so thus I have no clue. But I did want to get a Pro Sport Trac member to make a recommendation. Appreciate that tip!:driving:

I fing Motorcraft blend 5w20 or full syn cheeper here then mobile and others....

my 2010 sta gets Motorcraft oil and a FL820S filter..

Todd Z

Owners manual link:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Todd Z and swhawaii, i will lok at that link and also check the motorcraft too. BTW, this STA in White Suede is awesome and it gets that stare of admiration that no other vehicle gets. my friends and strangers alike, all adore the look. And the rush I get from knowing that this truck is a real one of a kind is like in your face, lol!:banana:

I've got an 08 V8 STA as well. Ford calls for 5W-20 oil in it; AMSOIL makes three product lines of synthetic oil, and all have 5W-20 products. They are differentiated by drain interval: OE (Ford drain rec.), XL (6 mos/10K miles), Signature Series (1 year/25K miles). In filters, the EAO11 for this engine (V6s too) is the best available and is good for 1 year/25K miles. You can see all of this in my article on oil/filters in the Projects section.

CopSTA, I think most information for my 2008 would be obsolete with a 2010 manual to go by, don't you? Ha Ha, on the other hand, I could brag that it is a 2010 model, lol! What are you asking for it just in case I want it?

Latest posts