what is this??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
In looking around at the Data port I noticed something that was hooked into it. Any idea what it may be?[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

It is the thing on the right. Looks like another data port or something, but for what?

I don't know, but it sure doesn't look OEM, especially with the clear zip-ties and the connector lugs being uninsulated. The "8A" would normally be a fuse rating, short for 8 Amps, but why is it there? Write down the numbers on the unit and do a search on the internet, it may turn up something.

My guess would be that it's part of the aftermarket fog light setup you have, and that it's an 8 Amp fuse, especially considering that the Relay and Fog Light switch are both located in that same general area.

Looks like a 8amp resetting fuse to me.

Your going to have to trace the wires to see what it is connected to in order to determine what it is powering up..

Its obvious it is a tracking device planted there by some foreign government. I would also check your skull for implants, they are probably tracking your thoughts too.

:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuse, relay, resetting relay or fuse. I see another relay under there, do you have aftermarket fogs, lights, alarm, or remote start.

Todd Z

Looks like a tracking device to me, but I think this is the type that the CIA uses.

Better not drive your Trac anymore unless you wear a tinfoil hat. Otherwise the government can read your thoughts.

Sorry to have to tell you this.

8A means 8 'Alpha' cylinders...You have the alpha version test-pretrial V8 that was erroniously put out on the market. I read about the mishap in Truck World, Road & Track, and O.

Now you have to find the secret hidden toggle switch that energizes the injectors for the additional 2 cylinders.:cool:

Actually, i was thinking it might be a signal to activate my monkey butler that comes and makes me smoothies when I don't want to get up.

Seriously though, I bought the truck used and I don't really know what was put on it. I know it has stock fog lights, no alarm that I know of, no remote start that I know of. The only after market part that I know of was that the previous owner said something about having an XM receiver somewhere, but I don't think that is it. Guess I'll keep looking. Oh, and how long do I have to wear that tinfoil hat?;)

Have you put a voltage meter on it to see if it was hot? I agree with TomR. Probably left over wiring to an aftermarket fog lamp or maybe to a cb radio.

SO!!!!

What is it,,, Did your wife put a GPS tracker in your Trac so she knows when your out eating wings? Shopping for shoes?

I NEEDS TO KNOW!

Don monkeyboy

Not sure but I knew somone here in my area who had a problem paying their bills so they put a key code on the car that the dealer had to reset every 30 days or your car would not start till you paid your bill. Just kind of looks like the same setup in the same area.

Latest posts