What is this thing?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
I changed out the thermostat housing a couple of weeks ago, and while I was getting that done I noticed a plastic bag under the intake manifold. It seemed to be inflated and fitted to the space under the intake runners. What in the heck is it?

Well, it's only been there for 8 YEARS and 260,000 MILES!

And if you want a picture, you can help me get it apart again. I needed my Trac back too much to stop and take pictures!

Maybe part of the intake manifold gasket. It's really hard telling what it is, the Big Three have come up with some goofy stuff over the years.

It may simply be some cheap fix to keep crap from collecting under the intake manifold.

Honestly, I have no idea what it is. A picture or two might have been nice to see.

Tom

It may simply be some cheap fix to keep crap from collecting under the intake manifold.

I wish they'd have done something like that on the 4.6L . On the F150 I had before the Trac I lost at least 3 small 1/4" drive sockets and several bolts down that black hole. Tried everything to get my sockets back......:sad:

ITS for Noise reduction is what we have been told.....

Todd Z

Latest posts