What is this... and where dose it go?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalton Hill

Reaction score
I just noticed this tube thing hanging down form the back underside of my trac. and i have no idea of what it is or where it goes so i took a few pics so maybe someone can tell me what it is and where it goes.

As you can tell in the pics it looks like it is coming out of the rear axle and its not an open tube it has a "cap" on the end of it.

umm ok my pics are in my library bc i can not remember how to up-load pics on here. so if u would not mind just looking in my library i would appreciate it.

Thanks Guys.

Rear end vent tube.... It should be on top of the spare tire it anchors to that bracket some how...

I just zip tied mine back up..LOL

Todd Z

Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me recently. Mine seemed to have just been taped on to some kind of plastic T. I dunno, I couldn't see it. I had to feel for it up under that cross member above the spare. Apparently the tube just slipped out of the tape. I managed to funnel to tube back in and used zip tie to secure it.

If you do a search you ought to find the same pic I used as reference. But the picture I found had an actual clamp in plain view. Mine was obviously different.

Latest posts