What is the part name?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Hale

Reaction score
I'm still playing with my CEL P0401. As I understand it from speaking with the service manager at a local dealer my options are the DPFE (already replaced), the EGR, or the vertically mounted sensor which is directly behind the EGR valve. Anyone know the name of this part so I can get a price estimate?

[Broken External Image]:

Can you see it here??

Todd Z

Lines already cleaned out with a pipe cleaner. The part that I was told could be faulty is the part with the white cap (mine doesn't have a white cap) that is seen in the photo just to the right of the EGR valve. The left hand mounting bolt can be seen in the picture.

That is the egr solenoid...

Todd Z

Thanks Todd. I'm taking bets here. If my problem isn't my DPFE and the hoses are presumed clear, which is the most likely culprit? The EGR solenoid or the EGR itself?

You can test the egr... You can replace the soioinoide. Have you looked at the common vaccume elbow that is known to crack???

Todd Z

Just for what it's worth, I just corrected the same code. First I changed the EGR valve. Then I did a little research here... should have done it first :wacko: . Changed the DPFE and the cracked elbow (yes, it was cracked... never would have found it without the advice found here). No more light. Thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My code was the P0401 which as I understand it would give a different code for the cracked elbow. I just replaced the solenoid. We'll see what happens next (fingers crossed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Where exactly is this elbow you are talking about? I am having the same cel problems. Mine is also having problems with the engine not reving over 3000rpms in idle. Let me know

jack,

As far as the idle rpms go, there is a fuel management cutoff built into the pcm (powertrain control module) that limits idle and neutral revs to approxamately 2800-3200 rpms to prevent

over-revving and putting a rod through the block. Noting wrong here, just a safety feature.

Mine is an '05 and does it too, as many newer vehicles do, nowadays!

:)

P.S.,

On the sensor with the white cap, if it bolts directly to the intake manifold, as it appears that

it does, my guess would be the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor.

A bad one of these can cause all manner of stalling and hesitation problems, especially

at idle.