What is the difference?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
What would be the difference between the front wheel bearing hub for a 2001 and the one for a 2003? I need one and Advance Auto has 2 numbers for each. 515003 for the 2001, and 515052 for the 2003. The reason I'm asking is because the ones at AA are $128 and $208, but I can get a 2001 off E-Bay for $68 with free shipping.(it's new)

Your profile says you have a 2003 so why do you care about the 2001 parts?? There is something different in the CV axles. And I dont remember what it was. I would avoid the Ebay Chinese junk hubs. And get the Timken brand from Autozoe that have a warranty.

chad, for one, i was asking to see if they were innerchangable. That is why I would care about 2001 parts. Not all of us can just shell out $112 for something I could get for $68. Also, how do you know it's Chinese junk hubs? It doesn't state what brand they are, but is sold from a US Autoparts Warehouse. Last time I checked, "Timken" doesn't sound "American Made". Thanks for your info anyway.:wacko:

stonemiser, I think he was getting at the part of the Warranty. If somethign happens, you can go right back to autozone and have it replaced. It woudl be easier then tryign to work with an internet seller, sendign it back, and hoping they are good for their word. I think that was more the point.

Bill,

I say a lot, I am not rich enough to be cheep......

Todd Z

I've got a 2003 and just ordered and received the Timken's from RockAuto (great service, ordered on Friday, received on Tuesday) for $148.79 each.

Bill

stonemiser

You took my reply all wrong, but oh well.

But I have to ask a question though, do you honestly believe that a hub bearing that costs $68.00 on Ebay compares to a stock or Timken hub that cost around 150.00 each?

I am all about saving money as well, but sometimes you need to look at the big picture.

Good luck with your parts..

Also just an FYI:

The Timken company was founded by Henry Timken in St. Louis, Missouri in 1899 and incorporated as The Timken Roller Bearing Axle Company. A year earlier, in 1898, Timken got a patent for the tapered roller bearing for which the company would become known. At the time, Timken was a carriage-maker in St. Louis and held three patents for carriage springs. However, it was his patent for tapered roller bearings that allowed his company to become successful.

The company moved to Canton in 1901 as the automobile industry began to overtake the carriage industry. Timken chose this location because of its proximity to the American car manufacturing centers of Detroit, Michigan and Cleveland, Ohio, and because it was close to the American steel-making centers of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cleveland.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts