What is the best product for renewing the look on window trim?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. What would you recommend using for renewing the look of the rubber around the windows and cladding. I have a 4 year old pearl blue XLT. The body is waxed and always clean, but the black rubber and grey cladding is fading quickly! I've tried ArmorAll which works temporarily, but is there anything more long term or permanent? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Turtle wax Ice. It does a good job of returning both the black and clad to a nice color._Ron

+1 for Turtlw Wax Ice. Works great on all exterior plastic & rubber trim. I even use it on my tonneau cover.

Or, 303 Aerospace Protectant works well too.

Mother's Back to Black works great. I have used Turtle Wax Ice on mine a couple times and it dried it out and was streaky. Started using Back to Black this year and it's great. Use it about every other wash with Turtle Wax F21 every other. Keeps it shiney and no streaks.;)

Looks like a Miller Lite commercial tast great...less filling...

Back to black 4

Turtle wax ice 3

Meguires PLASTX CLEAR PLASTIC CLEANER & POLISH 1

Peanut butter 1

Ice works great, haven't tried back to black but I also have heard it

works good.

I use turtle wax ice as well. does wonders for the quickly fading plastic gray bumpers on our tracs. but i suspect that it is making them fade faster than normal.

Adding any silicone based product over time will damage the plastic and rubber.....

I use leather cleaner and conditioner...

IT doesn't add that "Fake" shine, It protects it and looks great....

Not to mention, IT drys almost immediately and NEVER runs or streaks the paint...

I use it on my T cover as well..

Todd Z

Latest posts