What is the back spacing on oem wheels?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Vagenas

Reaction score
does anyone know what the backspacing is on stock wheels 16x7. i want to order some new wheels but concerned about backspaing. i have 285/75/16 toyo M/T open country and have some rubbing on hard turns and in rear when suspention is articulating.

the wheels im looking at are 16x8 with 4 inch back spacing some will that bring my tires out or will that bring them closer in. hopefuly out.

oh yeah has anyone went to a 15 inch wheel? and does everything clear?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what the stock back-spacing is but I believe the wheels I ordered were 3.75in for the backspacing. And yes I went to 15' wheels in order to be able to do this. The wheels I got had a larger inside diameter to allow for the rotors. If you still need more infomation when I get home I can get you the exact measurements for the wheels. They worked fine for the rear, however I still had some minor rubbing when turning the wheel sharply, only in reverse. I am using 31.5" tires so this is probably the biggest reason I still get some very minor rubbing.

4.5" backspace and a +22mm offset.

I was told by discount tire and tire rack that the 16x7 trac wheel has a +12mm offset. I wish I knew what is correct so I can finnally decide on the wheels I want..

Latest posts