What is it???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Lyle

Reaction score
The bezel around my radio has been loose for awhile and got around to putting it back in. WHile I had it loose, I noticed a "box" with several wire harnesses coming out of it. What is this box?

Oh... it's the one to the driver's side of the radio- has # YL2T-14B205-BB on it. IT also has the date of manufacture and the letter "B" on it. Any ideas? 2001 Job 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Behind the radio, I think that is the Airbag control module...

That part number is wrong....the L is correct, but the Y in front should be a number like 1,2,3

Todd Z

Maybe it is the black box, reporting to the cops and insurance, how fast and on how many wheels were on the ground, when you crashed,,,he he..:lol:

Todd,

Actually it could be correct as a "Y". That series of numbers was a on the later built 2000 model explorers and also carried on to the early build ST. I crossed the engineering number on our parts cataloging here at my dealer and that is the correct numer for the Job 1 ST.

MK ..... The "other" Mark

I just checked, It is a Dual Function module from ford. The part number is correct. My mistake.

Todd Z