What does the 1&2 on factory remote do?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel Pilgrim

Reaction score
I have an 09 Adrenalin wit the factory remote start.

The remote is a 6 button remote. I have been trying to find out

What the #1 & #2 on the remote do, or if I can program them.

Anyone know anything on these remotes? Here is the remote I have.

Also, could I use a 4 button remote instead?

[Broken External Image]:

Thx

Mel

I have been wondering the same thing.

When I bought the ST i asked for instructions for the alarm/remote start. I never got it.

Some vehicles have Driver Preferences Memory and can adjust the seats, mirrors, and tilt wheel to that individuals preferred settings...Most of these systems can memorize the preferences for two drivers. I think this option might be available on some of the top-end Fords and Lincolns.

Driver-1 presses the "1" button and the seat, mirrors and steering wheel settings are restored to his/her preferred settings. Driver-2 presses the "2" button and the seat, mirrors and steering wheel are automatically adjusted their prefferred settings?

I suspect that Ford probably just makes one style of remote and it includes all the buttons even if the vehicle does not have all the options?

Both of my old Sport Trac's had a "Trunk" button....which does not makes sense on a pickup truck.

...Rich

Rich i believe you are correct, my wifes ford edge has the same remote and that is exactly what the 1 and 2 button are for in that vehicle. Driver preferences. Jim

I was thinking same thing.

What I am also wondering is if I can use the Ford 4 button

Remote instead. The I could use the flip-key remote.

[Broken External Image]:

Does anyone use or replace the 6 button ford remote with a 4 button remote?

My Factory remote start looks Nothing like that. I got the cheesy 2nd remote add on that Fiord did..... BLAH !

Todd Z

The first keyfob in this thread is what ford gave me when i had my remote starter installed at the ford garage. Jim

I heard from the Ford dealer today that he thinks a 4 button remote will work as well. I am hoping to get a part number to test it out.

Latest posts