What does pink eye feel like?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
So I woke up this morning and I yawned....OUCH!!! It felt as if my eyes were filling with battery acid or lemon juice. So all morning when my eyes water up, they burn beyond belief. Does ANYONE know what the heck this could be? I have never had eye problems, but I do today and have no clue what the deal is. :(

I do have a lot of watering, but no itch....just burning. It is giving me a head aches too. This is weird for sure. If I could see I would drive to the doctors, but I have too much burning watery eyes to drive....dangit.

It is in 1 eye a lot more then the other, but both are burning....lol. I can barely see this to type. I did just get back in town from Miami too....maybe the climate change was enough to set on allergies? I have no idea.

Are your eyes sensitive to light? If so, it could be an eye infection. Go to the doc immediately! It can get worse really quick if it is an infection.

I have had pink eye a few times and it never burned. eyes started feeling like there was an eyelash or grit at the bottom of my eye, started producing green pus in the corners in a couple hours and itched like hell. Next morning I had to pry my eyes apart from the dried green crap. Urgent care gave me some drops, soon went away.

Yes, the light makes them throb pretty bad so I put on my shades. I just called the doc, and they said to come in immediately so now I have to find a ride there. Thanks for the input everyone, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a bad thing overall.

I get it if I'm around a lot of dust. Mine itches a lot BEFORE it breaks out, then it doesn't really hurt but it looks like hell and waters a lot. Warm compresses and blast it with Occuflox several times a day.