what do you think of the sport bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Hasledalen 2

Reaction score
I put a roll bar on and know i cant decide if i like it or not. Im thinking 2 lights on the bar, a set of chrome step bars and a small chrome bar up front???? Not sure...... What do you guys think?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know man, i mean i like it. but i always thought those looked funny going all the way back to the end of the bed like that. but i think the chrome safari bar is a good idea. its cool man

honestly... the way it attaches to the bed... looks kinda weak.

If it were powdercoated black it'd match better. but since it's chrome a chrome brush guard, running boards, door handles would make it blend a ton better. IMO

I think its butt. But im not into 4x4 and all that kinda stuff...

I agree with Woppy, the way it attaches to the tie downs (which have been know to break) looks like if it rolled it wouldnt actually help much...

dude you could either make it look really cool, or really lame.

since its chrome, it stands out seeing as there is no other chrome on your truck..maybe the rims (?) unless you wanna start accessorizing the trac with all sorts of chrome stuff, which I'm not particularly into (but who cares) I'd do as Woppy said and powdercoat it black.

now THAT would be sexy.

Edit: just looked at your pics in the library cuz they are smaller and i can see the whole truck at once. I think it might look funny to you because its a roll bar that goes the entire length of the 4ft bed AND because its a 4door truck.. most roll bars ive seen on 4drs only go 1/3 of the bed MAX

and yes, now i see what you got rid of the hard tonneau cover:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just being honest... I think it looks absolutely horrible. What nice truck you have, great taste, but that roll bar looks awful. Im not a big fan of them, but sometimes they lookl good on very large trucks. I think the rest of your Trac looks great. But ditch the rollbar.

If I were to put that on my trac... Wishing I could get one... I would change the way it mounts. God! That is ever so fugly. Best way I could see to clean up the mounting surface, would be to pull the bed rail caps off. Then mount the roll bar to the bed. Modify the bed rail caps around the bar to give a clean look. Course, its only for looks, not for support. If it was for support, LOL the bed would break before it did.

Where did you get it>?

I don't mind the look at all.

It wouldn't take much chrome to balance it out.

A chrome bull bar in front. Discreet chrome nerfs running from from to back under the doors

Then your chrome wheels.

Your receiver is pretty ratty. Paint it black to hide the rust and top it off with a new chrome hitch bar and ball.

The rail caps idea that Beer guy suggested would like nice too.

Keep us posted.

I say Baja it out !!!

add 2 fire extinguishers and a spare tire mounted to the top....

Todd Z

First, that is NOT a Roll Bar, it is nothing but a LIGHT BAR. A true Roll Bar will be mounted to the frame, not the bed, and DEFFINTANTLY not the bed Sides.

However, for what it is, it looks good. Add 2 lights forward, and 2 backwards, a grill protector, and some side steps and you will have a good looking rig.