What color would you change YOUR interior too?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rahul Sharma

Reaction score
After talking to an upholstry shop, I am strongly contemplating changing the entire interior color in my trac. Not 100% sold on the idea, but i am thinking going all black inside....basically change everything from the headliner to the dash, doorpanels, all the trim and seats to black.....to match the exterior....

then i started considering a 2-tone interior....black with red insert? blue? orange? yellow?

what would YOU change YOUR interior to if you could change it all??

And what would you suggest for a Black exterior? All Black? Black and 1 accent color???

Just wanted to get some thoughts and ideas!

Wow, this seems like quite a monumental task, if it includes the dash, door panels, all the other plastic/vinyl trim. Bet it won't be cheap.

I'd go all black. Especially in your case, with a black exterior.

oh yeah...I got quoted 10 days and a just over a couple 'O grand....

i was just really starting to dream of an all black interior and getting excited. the other option was to do it in parts...more reasonable on the wallet....

then just before i left he says "oh, you can add a perforated insert in the seats of another color to make it 'pop'...no extra charge. We can also get your door inserts and console cover done in the accent color, and have a nice high-gloss finish to your radio bezel and center console..."

now that sounds like an idea...but i need a color!!

Since I'm going with the blacked out scheme, I would like to blackout the interior as well. Maybe some black velvety type fabric with red and possibly darker carbon fiber type accents. I already changed the dome lights to red bulbs and I have red razo pedals. I also have red and black leather seatcovers for the front and backseats, but as soon as they start to wear, I would like to get wet okole's in the same color scheme.

Going for the evil look. My girlfriend calls it the S&M truck:lol:

I already have heated leather seats....i just dislike the color scheme....

i'd definately sell the leather seats though!

Hawaiian - so you are going all red and black? that is nice....i'm really liking the black and orange combo as well....

Red piping on the seats with red inserts. Red as an accent only...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... how crazy of an idea would you like to hear?? LOL

In my case, being gray interior and dark blue exterior...

Say take everything out. Redo the floor in fiberglass, with mat inserts for where feet would be going. All other parts of the fiberglass would be painted the blue same as the exterior. The foot mats would be color coded to say a bright color per-say carbon-fiber red. Then... the seats. Would redo the seats in a black color, with blue piping and red carbon fiber inserts on the back and the butt areas as well as the Adrenalin signature in all head rests. Door panels would be flowing right along with everything else of inserts of carbon-fiber red around the window/lock switches, and dyed dark blue. And the pull handle would be black. Dash/center console would be dyed dark blue, with inserts around the area of the gauges, radio, vents, and cup holders of carbon-fiber red. Black areas could be the actual vents. Redo the ceiling in fiberglass. Make the sun visors black leather. Paint the ceiling dark blue, but add some drop 7" TV screens, and in the back above the rear window, add some 6x9's. Inserts around the TVs and speakers could be the red color again. Do the pedals in red carbon-fiber. Steering wheel.... I haven't thought of that one yet. If not red, maybe a yellow color. Something to throw it a little off balance.

Two Tone is what I am working on.....

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I HATE my all tan interior

i will soon start actually working to replacing lots of the tan and adding in black

found a shop here that does good work that will do what i want for a little over 500

but that will come latter in the summer of next year

Latest posts