What color to paint my bumpers and claddings?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay guys, this is my first time posting here, i got a '03 sport trac. Ive had it for almost a year now and ive been wanting the bumpers and claddings for a while now. They are pretty faded and i wasnt sure if to go with the original grey or black to match the ext. trim of the truck. the pics are in my profile library, check it out. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!:D

Color match it with the black body.are you planning to do it yourself or a shop? If youre going to be getting rid of the texture, tell me how youre going to do it.....im interested how people get rid of the texture....thanks

George

My truck is actually that dark navy blue color, but i can see how it looks black from the pics. Im planning on doing it myself. I actually dont mind the texture still being there, but if i decide on getting rid of the texture, i was going to go with the layered coating method. But im still not sure.

get rid of the texture by sanding and sanding and sanding, or you can put multiple layers of paint, but do thin layers while painting, DONT RUN IT! hahhaa.

I dont like the solid color on some trucks, But with the dark blue and your rims, IT would look better if you colormatched...

I went black on mine.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I have a 2003 Silver truck and i had the bumbers color matched, I think though after looking at pics and my truck i agree with Todd Z that a black trim is better. At some point I want to change them out and make them black! It's all preference

joseymack

Color matched and you can do the steps as well like we just did. Lower body trim and bumpers been painted since almost new with great results. Just replaced the rear cover due to accident and had the steps finally painted and the '03 black step pads installed (ours is an '02)...

Mark[Broken External Image]:

And one more thing Rich, as you may have noticed, most members will take advantage of any and all oppurtunities to post a picture of their ST. :lol: ....Of course none of us mind because we like to look at them.

Thanks for all the advice. Now i definitely am leaving out the original gray, but now im stuck on blue for color match or black like the trim. But with all your input, i think im leaning towards blue body colormatch. Pink and neon colors would be pretty interesting but its not my look. :lol: And yeah, i have noticed alot of members posting pics of their ST, but like you said Geoff, I dont mind looking at them for sure. :D

btw, you guys got some nice ST.:)

Latest posts