What buckets seats fit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Persico

Reaction score
Don't know about anybody else but I really don't like the buckets seats in my S/T. Anyone know of any other seats that would fit without too much work?

most explorers will work, f150 buckets, and rangers with buckets.

I am sure you can get mustang seats in there with some work...

I got Chevrolet caviler seats in my mustang and a set of mustang seats in a dodge dart...

most are close and will bolt in...

Honestly the ST seats are very comfortable. I think my 98 mustang had the best seats..

Todd Z

I'm not sure why it is, but the Sport Trac seats tend to push my shoulders forward so I slouch when I drive it. When I sell my GMC and get the Trac from my wife (when she gets her next ride), I may see about having an upholstery shop rework the padding a bit to fit me better.

It my not be a problem with most people. My shoulder blades are right at the top pad, and the top of my shoulders are above the seat back.

Any seat will fit if you've got the fab skills to make them fit.

Mustang seats will work after a seat-track swap. Explorer and Super Cab Rangers are bolt-ins. I run gen 1 Probe seats, which are really comfy.

Explorer and Ranger as others have stated are a direct fit. Mercury Moutainer seats will also directly bolt on. I switched the seats out of my 02 ST for power, back air bolster, knee plush bolster pads and leather trim seats. Mazda B-Series truck seats will also bolt on since it's basically a rebadged Ranger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts