Went Off Roading on the beach

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean M 2

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Just thought I would share a few pics of the ST on the beach in Suffolk County LI. It was awesome, the ST was really good in the sand, I didn't even air down the AT's though next time I think I will. **Edit Sorry I didnt realize they were so large!**

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean,

Noticed that you have the General Grabber AT2s on your Trac. What size are they? How do you like them?

My ST is stock height, so I likely won't be able to run the same size you've got, but the AT2s were highly rated on Tire Rack and the price for 265/70/16s is great. (About $90 a tire.)

Scott

Yes I have a bodylift. As for the tow hooks I didn't make new brackets because I wanted them to be plenty strong in case I got into trouble. I have them mounted in the stock location, but I had to trim the front bumper(metal & plastic) in order to accommodate them. They look slightly out of place being that I had to trim the bumper, but the peace of mind knowing I have a good front recovery point is worth it.

Piro

I love the Grabber AT2's. The size I have is 285/75/16. Roughly a 33" tire. I love them, and they are great on and off road. Like I stated above on the beach they were great, I didn't even have to air down. They are VERY similar to BfGoodrich AT's, but a heck of alot cheaper...I highly recommend them. Here is a closeup pic of the tire for you to see.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean cool pics...

How come you never made a LI meet before ????

Todd Z

Unfortunately I've never had the time to attend a meet, but if there are any this summer, I would most certainly attend.

We do go bowling once a month, you should try to come and hang out...

Todd Z

Latest posts