Well... There goes my blower motor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
Blower motor stopped working. After starting the truck with the blower motor on, I have to give it slight whack under the hood to start turning again.... sometimes. Gotta do a little more investigation to rule out a bad motor connection vs. bad motor.

Anyone ever changed one? It looks simple enough, but I worry about access to the hex screws on the bottom of the assembly.

Last edited by a moderator:
May not be the motor. Could be the vent motor speed controller? My brother just replaced this on his F-150. Diagnose fully first to be sure.

'Purt sure there's a fuse on the blower motor. You did check for that, right? If you do have to change the motor it looks like a fairly simple job from the DIY video I found on YouTube. Check site sponsor Fast Parts for the motor, or the other parts sources we all use.

It's not a fuse and the fan speed works normally once the motor starts turning. Like I said, sometimes the motor won't turn and I have to give it a little thump. It then works normally. It reminds me of a transfer case motor or starter that works after you give them a little whack.

Mine did the exact same thing. I recommend a new blower motor and a new resistor pack. You can easily get to the resistor pack once the motor is out.

Ratshit. The blower motor is completely fried, now. It won't turn even after whacking it to get started with the fan on high. And the new motor won't be here for 6 days. I swear, that damned motor is coming from overseas. It shouldn't take more than three days to come from Los Angeles.

<a href="http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1351711&REPLYCOUNT=2">Blower motor replacement is easy by Mark K., 8/17/2015 11:44 PT</a>

Latest posts