Well since nbody else posted it: The British stopped some terrorist...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure what the solution is, all I know is that taking away everybody's rights & freedoms for the illusion of a more secure world sure isn't it. Now we're scared to let people take bottled water on planes? not good.

If you have some time to look into it, check out <a href='http://www.tkb.org'>http://www.tkb.org</a> for a whole lot of information on the subject.

TJR. I only meant to imply there is a definite fundamental weakness in todays Muslim society that we have to be aware of. What other religion puts out a death warrant because of somebody's political cartoon about Muhammad ? I know not every Muslim on this earth is crazy but they all need to get their act together.

I guess I'm pretty much an atheist now but I grew up as a Christian and I have to believe that if a bunch of Christians went bonkers in today's modern times and started blowing up innocent people in the name of their religion then the rest of the Christians would not tolerate it. I don't see that happening in the Muslim world and until it does, none of us are safe. My biggest hope is that Muslims will realize what's going on is making them ALL look bad and take out their own trash.

TJR, to answer your question--I don't know. It could be either, or neither. I won't pretend to know for sure what TomT meant when he made is comments. All I was saying in my response that these are some possible ways that TomT could have meant his comment--he wasn't by default advocating genocide as you seemed to suggest. None of the possibilities I offered, nor your interpretations of them, are comments that I'm making or about to try to defend.

>> What other religion puts out a death warrant because of somebody's political [views]...

Christianity did a few years ago when anti-abortionists where killing doctors.

Sure, it was only a few nutjobs, but I guess that's my point...Radical Islam is not ALL MUSLIMs, no more than a few rednecks are all Christians.

TJR

TJR, maybe you struck on the main point here--it's no one religion that's causing all the problems. It's the rednecks within each of those! Osama isn't a regular Muslim--he's a redneck Muslim! :lol:

Christianity did a few years ago when anti-abortionists where killing doctors.

LOL. I stand corrected. But still, those nut-jobs were directing their anger toward one small group, not a whole country, race or religion. Believe me, Christian Fundamentalist scare the crap out of me but that kind of behavior is not accepted by normal Christians. Terrorism seems to be an accepted way of life for Muslims just like their oppression of women. Why do Muslims tolerate this behavior?

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrorism seems to be an accepted way of life for Muslims just like their oppression of women.

OK, this is one I need to strongly disagree with. All the Muslims I know hate terrorism as much--if not more--than any non-Muslim I know. And I firmly believe that most Muslims (both American and otherwise) feel like them. Many in other parts of the world don't care for the U.S. or our foreign policy, but would never advocate violence or terrorism as the solution. That role is still reserved for the extremists nut-jobs in their faith, similar to how that role is reserved for the extremist nut-jobs in the Christian and other faiths. In those other countries, it may seem like the support of terrorist tactics may be high, but I honestly believe that this is the result of the press needing to write stories that hold the interest of their readers/viewers, and human nature is far more interested in terrorism and violence than on some average Joe's desire for peace and calm.

I agree with the points that it's not all Muslims. Islam is a peaceful religion just like any other. It's the low mentality ones that get caught up in the brainwashing that are blowing everything up. If it's such a great duty to do for your "God" then why the hell is Osama still alive? Why hasn't he strapped a bomb to his chest and gone and blown something up? Because he knows there are some really dumb people out there that will believe the BS lies he feeds them. If it where me, I'd be like "if it's such a great sacrifice, you do it". So needless to say, I wouldn't be a good terrorist. I think it's about time the US military quits being used like the "saviors" of the world and we just let whatever happen in other countries happen. We keep sticking our nose in where it doesn't belong or is not wanted. Sooner or later, that nose is going to get chopped off. Lets worry about ourselves and see how long before the rest of the world starts crying for our help. We send alot of money out of this country and then when we need everyone elses help to get something accomplished, we are left holding the bag. In my opinion, "F" them.;)

In 1939...

...The majority of Germans disagreed with the war, but few were displeased with the results.

Lesson Learned: You don't have to be a militant to be a fascist.

...Roosevelt crumbled under populist pressure, and declared the United States "neutral" regarding the invasion of Poland.

Lesson Learned: Isolationism does not survive the eventuallity of aggression.

So what are you saying???

Nations that don't do something about militants in their borders will have their asses handed to them by the Swiss? :lol:

I scanned through the post, just to fill you in.

No liquid can be brought through security. You CAN buy liquid items once through security. You MUST drink the drink prior to boarding the plane and or throw it away before boarding. They are doing a bag inspection at the gate to ensure you do not have liquids.

The Egyptian student issue. I can shed some light but much is still classified so I need to tread lightly on this one.

12 Egyptian students had visa for the collage, four of them checked in, 8 did not. The collage contacted the required people to bring this to their attention. After e-mail contact with the individuals (only contact they had) and not hearing back from them, they are not on a "wanted" list.

That is not to say there is any connection to todays events, but it is not to say it isn't. As it stands right now, they are simply wanted for questioning about not showing up at the collage.

Where We Stand (http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/threat-change.shtm)

Nationwide Threat Level Remains Yellow/Elevated

Threat Level Change for the Aviation Sector

In response to a serious terrorist threat to international aviation security, the Secretary of Homeland Security has elevated the Homeland Security Advisory System Threat Condition to Severe, or Red, for all commercial flights from the United Kingdom to the United States, and to High, or Orange, for all other international flights and all domestic commercial aviation.

There are approximately 106 flights per day between the United Kingdom and the United States. Although numerous arrests have been made in the U.K. to disrupt and neutralize this threat, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is taking a number of heightened protective measures to ensure the continued safety and security of our international and domestic air travel.

Protecting the Aviation System. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will be implementing a series of security measures – some visible and some not visible – to ensure the security of the traveling public and the Nation's transportation system. TSA is immediately implementing following changes to airport screening procedures:

NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE. ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE. This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.

Exception: Baby formula and breast milk if a baby or small child is traveling; prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket; and insulin and essential other non-prescription medicines

* Beverages purchased in the sterile area must be consumed before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.

* Passengers traveling from the U.K. to the U.S. will be subject to a more extensive screening process.

Some measures will not be visible to the public. In light of the elevated threat level, the Federal Air Marshals Service (FAMS) will provide expanded mission coverage for flights from the United Kingdom to the United States.

These measures will be constantly evaluated and updated when circumstances warrant. DHS and its components have coordinated closely with the air carrier industry, airports, and state and local stakeholders to implement these significant, but necessary, security measures. The traveling public can assist these agencies in carrying out their important security duties by:

* Packing lightly, without clutter to facilitate easier screening.

* Check with your air carrier well before your flight departs for information on when you shoudl arrive at the airport.

* Cooperating with TSA personnel at all checkpoints and gates because TSA Security Officers will be checking carry-on baggage at the gate.

* Being attentive and vigilant to any suspicious activity.

Protecting U.S.Borders. U.S. Customs and Border Protection will increase enforcement efforts in international arrival areas including the use of advanced targeting tools, special response teams including baggage and aircraft search teams, baggage x-ray equipment, specially-trained canine units, and explosive detection technology.

DHS has also mandated that all flights from the U.K. transmit passenger manifest information for intensive screening prior to departure from the gate. In addition, passengers on these flights and all other international flights will be subject to heightened inspection upon arrival in the U.S.

Good article Nelson.

Most of the suspects are second or third generation British citizens of Pakistani descent whose families hailed from war-torn Kashmir.

That's what really scares me. These are not nut cases straight from Iran or some other third world terrorist country. These were long time British citizens. Makes you wonder how many of the same might already be in the US. It seems it's no longer just protecting our borders that we have to worry about. I'm not saying we should go in panic mode but it's definitely cause for concern.

Latest posts