Well since nbody else posted it: The British stopped some terrorist...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like they are most definately getting more inventive. The reality is that if someone is willing to die, they WILL figure out a way to take several others with them if they really work at it.

This means that to win the war on terror, we can't simply wipe out the enemy, we have to change hearts and minds (an old cliche' I know).

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have to be too inventive........all the directions are on web sites. Here's one below. As far as winning.......I belief this will be a part of life for the rest of our lives and for many, if not all, generations that follow.

I'm afraid as long as there are Muslims then this kind of crap is going to be part of our lives.

Who said anything about genecide? I don't proclaim to have an answer but I'm not some blind politically correct liberal that can't see who most of the worlds terrorists are.

Now it happens to be Muslims in the lead of this sort of thing; but, in the past, it's been Christians, it's Jews, Hindus and on and on. There are radicals in all groups and it seems that throughout the ages they have all taken turns at world domination.

TomT maybe the worlds Muslim community feels it is the Christians and Jews who are the bad guys.... I mean blow up a plane with a bomb, or use a plane or warship to launch a shell into some city.. Both kill innocents.. Who is right and who is wrong?

Don't confuse conflict with terrorism. It's two completely different things. I agree Christians and Jews are great at conflicts but you don't hear of to many Christians or Jews high-jacking planes, strapping explosives on their backs and blowing up people at weddings, funerals or other events that innocent people are attending.

Read the news. Like it or not, about 90% of the terrorism going on around the world on a daily basis invloves Muslims.

TomT, you said "as long as there are Muslims then this kind of crap is going to be part of our lives"...the obvious implication being that to solve the problem we must purge the world of Muslims.

Remember, in the 1700s WE were the terrorists, fighting a war in unconventional and seemingly barbaric ways.

I am NOT making excuses for those that kill innocent women and children in the name of their god. There is no excuse for that. But I fear there is blood on everyone's hands here from generations past.

TJR

TJR, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that the implication you make is as obvious as you state. There are other possibilities as well, that may have been just as validly implied from TomT's message--for example, one would be that to solve the problem, we need to convert all the Muslims to not be so Muslim-like. Another is that there is no "solution", and that this is just something that we're going to have to get used to being part of our lives.

Also, there is not blood on everyone's hands from generations past, because guilt is not hereditary. When someone commits a murder, you punish him/her for the crime--not his/her children, who (in most cases) had nothing to do with it. It's not the next generation's fault the crime was committed, and it's not the next generation's responsibility to pay for the deeds of their forefathers.

And, for the record--no, I don't agree with TomT. Terrorists come from all lines of beliefs, if taken to a far enough extreme--just look at Oklahoma City. Even if the Muslim faith were to somehow disappear from the face of the earth, we'd still have terroristic threats and activities. But I did feel the need to jump in and point out that his statements in no way even hinted at genocide, and I feel it was unfair to him to interpret his statements that way.

I couldn't agree with you more TJR that people in the name of religion have caused many, many problems in our history. No religion is innocent but I'm more worried about today and tomorrow, not what happened in our past. Like I said, I don't have the answer, but I'm damn sure not going to ignore the problem just because it's not politically correct.

As much as many people hate to admit it, profiling does work.

I've never heard of an atheist killing in the name of his/her religion. I'm atheist. Does that mean I get a free pass at airports?

Jeff C,

I have felt like it a few times when they are beating on my door forst thing in the morning ;)

Go British - way to watch the "door". And thanks.

grump

BillV says:
..to solve the problem, we need to convert all the Muslims to not be so Muslim-like.

Okay, so which is it:

- Islam is a religion of peace infiltrated by a few fundamentalists who think Jihad is the answer.

OR

- All Muslims are terrorists that want to kill us and we simply have to change their core beliefs.

Which is it, because you seem to imply the second, and I frankly can't believe that.

And, for the record, TomT, I apologize if I read too much into your comment, but taken literally your comment said that as long as there are Muslims there will be terrorists.

TJR

We've been talking about this all day. I've heard from people here at work that there were also 12 egyptian students heading to some school out in the midwest, possibly Colorado, and that only 3 of them showed up and the other 9 are missing? Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Latest posts