Well, it was just time....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Risseler

Reaction score
Time to sell my '01. Just paid the wifes off and it was my turn for something else. Loved the Trac for the 6 years I had it. Bought her for $10k and sold for $6K. I cant be upset about that for a 12 year old truck with 110K miles. And only getting 14 mpg helped a bunch. Plus, just didnt need a truck that much anymore.

Thanks to everyone on the site! This is one of the best sites I have ever been a member of.

Here is my new ride! Took a little getting used to not having a truck, but I love this thing!

2011 Edge Limited with the MyFordTouch, 12 speaker, 390 watt Sony stereo.

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks! The 2011-and up are soooooo niccceeeeee. Every time I drive it, I miss the Trac a little less. Comfy, great ride and great gas millage! Plus the 3.5 liter has 285 hp! I thought my Trac had some good power.

New or used? What options? AWD or FWD? Just curious, because you mentioned better MPG. If I get one, I'd prefer AWD, and I'm curious what MPG is with AWD.

If I can't find a decent Gen 2 Sport Trac to replace my current one when the time comes, I'll probably look for an Edge. Maybe even an Edge Sport-just not sure about ride quality on those 22" rims though.

Of course, every time I think about an Edge as a Trac replacement, the little devil on my other shoulder says, "Edge, smedge! Get another Mustang, or a Taurus SHO!":driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife has a 2008 edge limited awd, we bought it new and love it, Have had no problems with it yet. I wouldnt say the gas mileage is any better than my 2010 STA though. We love the vista panoramic roof, it makes the whole vehicle a blast.

Yep, traded her for $6000 and they got $8000. I had it for sale for a couple months and nothing. They sell it in a week........ But, I got a hell of a deal!

Its a used 2011 Edge Limited, front wheel drive. Good in snow and the fwd is better on gas then the awd. That is correct that the 2010 and older, the mpg's aren't very good. The 2011's and newer are redesigned in and out and engine. The interior is soooo much nicer in the newer ones. Mpg's are rated at 19-27. I have been getting 20-22 city only driving, better then a 2010 STA. It has the 3.5 with 285 hp. The 2011 and up Edge Sport comes with the 3.7 mustang motor with 305 hp! But the mpg's go down some.

Wish the second gen Tracs had better gas millage, thats what I originally wanted. But, I love the Edge!

Yep, traded her for $6000 and they got $8000. I had it for sale for a couple months and nothing. They sell it in a week........ But, I got a hell of a deal!

Its a used 2011 Edge Limited, front wheel drive. Good in snow and the fwd is better on gas then the awd. That is correct that the 2010 and older, the mpg's aren't very good. The 2011's and newer are redesigned in and out and engine. The interior is soooo much nicer in the newer ones. Mpg's are rated at 19-27. I have been getting 20-22 city only driving, better then a 2010 STA. It has the 3.5 with 285 hp. The 2011 and up Edge Sport comes with the 3.7 mustang motor with 305 hp! But the mpg's go down some.

Wish the second gen Tracs had better gas millage, thats what I originally wanted. But, I love the Edge!

Latest posts