Well I finally did it

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Tomczak

Reaction score
After years and years of dreaming and looking, I finally bought my dream truck, kind of. 2000 Ford F350 Super Duty 4X4 Crew Cab Long bad with the 7.3L DI Power Stroke. The one I got has a 8'6" by 9' steel flat bad on it with stake pockets, anchor points, and under bed boxes. I am so happy :) Pics to come, It's way dark out now and I am tired. I had to drive 3 hours to get it.

Congrats! im looking at a 7.3 this week. reg cab long bed with the 6 speed. I have been in the market for a diesel for a while myself. Lets see some pictures!!! got any plans for the 7.3????

The 7.3 was their best diesel engine to date, in my opinion. I had a 2000 F350 long box, reg cab and it was the best truck I ever owned. I had absolutely no problems with it. I traded it for my first ST because I couldn't park the damn thing on campus. By the time I found a parking space and got myself shoehorned in it, I could have almost walked the 25 miles!

I've sold many 7.3L and even more 6.0L Diesels and the ones with the fewest issues are the 7.3L by far. The early years of the 6.0L constantly had issues with turbo failure. The later years seem perfectly fine.

I completely agree about the 7.3L DI being the best diesel. I like the looks of the 05+ but not the 6.0L engine. I bought her at auction for 4,500 :)

Nice man, Congrats and good luck with it !!!!

Todd Z

Latest posts