Weirdness after TSB 07-10-12

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark inLA

Reaction score
I had this done last Friday after my '07 exhibited sluggishness and surges when cold, the A/C wouldn't immediately come on when temps are high, and it seemed like the MPG was off in my Message Center. When I got the car back I noticed an immediate improvement in both the sluggishness and surging as well the A/C problem, which fired up immediately. I didn't notice a change with the MPG estimation. It worked well for a few days until today, when I noticed that the sluggishness was back when first starting up, and the A/C was no longer firing up immediately.

Anyone have any clues? Do I have to get it re-flashed again??

TIA

I hve the same thing. It was reprogrammed and shifted beautifully, AC came on right away, but it seems to have relearned all of it's bad habits again, including the strange downshifting. Sometimes it feels like someone hit me in the back when I come to a stop with the downshift. Like I said worked beautifully for a week or so, butthen back to the same old Trac, which by the way is still better then my '01 ever was....

It is starting to look as if Ford has some serious software problems with the '07. They shouldnt 'cause they have been using all the same in the new exlorer....:wacko:

Mine worked great for a week or so, but now the air conditioner turns itself "off" for periods of time. It gets warm and muggy and kind of makes me mad.

Transmission still shifts great, though.

I have had mine reflashed twice. Same problem as all of yopu are expereincing. It seems to shift good once the tranny warms up ,but when first starting out in the AM its seems like the rearend is going to fail;)I hope Ford has some kind of Recall on this before all of our transmissions end up in the bome yard:eek: