Weird Screech

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I did the Throttle body cleaning from the Projects page. I followed it exactly and everything went great.

However, after the job was done and I went to drive away and hit just over 2k RPM it starts this high pitch screech coming out of my intake. It only does this at just over 2k RPM in drive and just under 3k in neutral or park.

I have a K&N intake kit on and have done the intake bypass project awhile back and everything on those look like when I did them. So far I have taken the intake back off and checked inside it and the throttle body where I found nothing.

So now I'm at a loss and wondering if anyone out there has an idea to try or should I just leave it alone for now and see if it goes away.

Thanks in advance

Zachary L.

sounds to be some crud still in there. Try cleaning again.

Ed

OR you cleaned off the black OEM seal off the throttle plate edge and now your getting the ST throttle body whistle...

Todd Z

My OEM or the zabteck, niether had seal material on the plate edge. All I hear is suction sound.

Hope you didnt blow the straw off the TB cleaner. I did that one time, on another car.

No it is not the straw although I could see where that would be a problem however all parts and tools are accounted for. Just makes a screech or a whistle out of the intake and now that I have played with it, it is when the throttle is in a certain position, no matter the gear, and does not happen while on cruise control.

I have now tried to clean it a second time with the same effect.

So now I'm lost....:banghead:

Zachary L.:

No it is not the straw although I could see where that would be a problem however all parts and tools are accounted for. Just makes a screech or a whistle out of the intake and now that I have played with it, it is when the throttle is in a certain position, no matter the gear, and does not happen while on cruise control.

I have now tried to clean it a second time with the same effect.

So now I'm lost....:banghead:

Zachary L.:

Sounds as if an air leak. It might eventualy set a code. Check the tubing from the pasenger valve cover to the intake tube. Maybe one end or the other isnt square and not sealing.

Latest posts