Wayne FOY wont return emails

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, you paid $125 to have "WHAT" fixed?

A few more words from you might help us understand your issue and help the community and those that use the product in question avoid similar problems.

TJR

I think he is just a hard working guy with a lot of stuff on his plate and we all should just cut him some slack.:(

Personally, I believe Mr. Foy's an honest businessman, and an outstanding tuner.

I think he's just experiencing what it's like to be a victim of your success. :)

As I have stated before, I'm EXTREMELY happy with my xcal and would recommend it to anyone interested in improving your ST's performance.

Unlike most other mod's, however, with the xcal you see that there are a lot of different things you can do with it. Not just bolt it on and forget about it. You can change tunes at will for instance, along with other parameters that can be adjusted. Now if you choose to do any of those things, it does not come with a detailed manual explaining all that.

Your pretty much left to contacting the dealer you purchased from to help you understand what you may or may not try. Now if I purchase this type of adjustable mod from a local dealer, if I have any questions or problems with something I can go back to them or make an appointment. On the other hand, if I'm in Cali, for instance and your in Texas I've got to know that your going to be there to help me resolve any issues.

It took a minute to hook up with Mr. Foy to get an econ tune sent for my programmer, when we connected, he would send the tune but I wouldn't get it. Now I was still able to receive other emails just not that tune. Don't have any issues downloading or uploading anything else either just that emailed tune.

But I'm not that concerned with that, It's on my pc and when my pocket hurts enough I'll do it!:lol:

I believe Mr. Foy's just going thru business growing pains.

If you need to reach him use his website's forum and a little patience, ahhh! a lot of patience;)

D-

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting 2 months now! Not even an e-mail. The last I heard was from Deryck from the last post and I am on the too do list.( Thank you Deryck)

It is not a matter of checking this post. I believe we all understand he cannot check issues on this website. But many of us e-mailed him. I guess he doesn't check his sites e-mail either. I know he is busy it would be nice to get a courtesy e-mail addressing our issues. Not to get blown off. He knows by now there many of us need his help. It may be time to hire some help

I am sorry I am taking my business elswhere. I will be going to another dealer and contacted SCT they will assist in the transition.

He wont return emails. Interesting. He will respond to his forum, but not to and email sent directly to him.

Sorry, I can not agree with his business practices. If you are too busy, hire help. If you can not afford help, find a new business.

Tom

Everyone should be forced to spend at least one week behind the counter........

Being a small buisness owner in a small town ,I see about thirty people a day. I also take between 30 to 40 calls. So given that, 60 x 5 x 4 = 1200 per month . Yup I miss a few calls.

I spent three years behind a counter dealing with customers. I also did Shipping & Receiving, along with shop stock, and everything else you could imagine to run a warehouse. It was fun work, but didn't pay much.

Wayne has a fine product and I have no doubt that he is trustworthy and fair. The problem is that when I spend my money, I expect support from the person I gave it to. If the program did not work on my vehicle, that is Waynes problem, not mine. When I am required pay someone else to fix the problem, I find that is totally unacceptable. I paid for a working product. Because the guy I gave my money to is too busy to answer my emails does not mean I am required to wait around until he gets time to get the problem solved. I want it now. If I wanted it next week, next month, or next year, I would have purchased it then, not now.

Tom

I agree with Fast Eddie and Tom (Caymen). I'm keeping my money safely in my wallet until I either find a local source for the XCAL or WFoy sorts out his troubles.

My problem was an exhaust issue TJR. The manufacture Random Tech, has worked with me but in the end I spent my own $ at a local shop to have it fixed. They are changing the tail pipe design of the system and if they do then I would recomend the exhaust. I purchased the high flow cats and cat back system. The tail pipe was incorrect. If you have any q's about the system or who to talk to over at RT please feel free to email me and I will help out. I almost forgot now that the system is on I LOVE IT! I just had to go through hell and back to get it right.

This is what I don't like : Having to find out by reading Todd Z's post that there is a problem with the 2007's. Why can't Wayne or Keith tell me that? Instead of continuing to promise me a new tune that never shows up? And yes, I check my SPAM folder just in case his e-mails end up there. I don't understand how my 93 tune works but the 87 tune doesn't. And if there's a problem with the 2007's why continue to sell it to people and take their money? I don't know what's stopping me from calling my credit card and disputing the charge for a product that doesn't work. I guess it's the hope that eventually Wayne will do the right thing.

NYJ -- Not to dispute anything that you have said - have you gone to his forum, his site, and posted your problems ?? I did not.

I am the one that started these, Attn:Wayne, posts. Someone pointed out, "did you try posting on his site". I had not ! MY BAD. That is where he does his job, not here.

I went to his site and posted and asked, Next day response.

His job begins at his site. Try him there on his grounds. Everyone, including myself, do not expect him to come here and sooth us.

Phone calls and e-mails may help his job --- but bottom line his job is generated from his web site.

Real world - one on one service - is not like a local dealer in todays world. A web site e-mail can gererate "How many" inputs from outside.

GO TO HIS WEB SITE and POST. THAT IS HIS JOB SITE.

Terry

I did not do this and it was MY fault not his.

I have e-mailed Wayne. I have been e-mailing back and forth with his assistant Keith. I keep getting promised a new 87 tune but it never comes.

I just posted this again

I just looked at www.hypillauto.com

Clicked on Forums at the top...

ONLY found 1 post from a My Sporttrac member in the last few weeks, and IT was answered..

Weird.... I wounder If I should go to Taco bell and complain about Pepsi soda!!!!!!!!!

Once you ask him on his stomping grounds and if you don't get an answer there, then by all means complain here, BUT until you try what everyone is telling you, You have no grounds to complain,....

Todd Z

Todd Z

Todd,

He is a site sponsor and should be here more often. Also he should answer emails from the members of the site that he sponsors. I like Wayne and some time next year plan on traveling up to see him to get the y-pipe and the programmer in person. I just think his is very busy and needs help.

Ape Out.

[Weird.... I wounder If I should go to Taco bell and complain about Pepsi soda!!!!!!!!!

/quote]

:lol:probably not the analogy you intended, if Taco Bell received continuous ongoing complaints against a product of which they do sell (Pepsi), you can bet your azz that there would be ancillary product reconsiderations.....:cool:

ToddZ says:
Weird.... I wounder If I should go to Taco bell and complain about Pepsi soda!!!!!!!!!

Actually, that's kind of a bad example.

You SHOULD be able to complain to a vendor about anything that vendor sells.

To make the analogy even more inappropriate, Taco Bell (and KFC and Pizza Hut) are owned by Pepsi (the parent company) under the Yum! Brands spin-off corp (previously TRICON Restaurants). So, since they are all one large company, "yes", I should be able to complain to Taco Bell about Pepsi. ;)

But, yes, Todd, I do get your point. Go directly to the source.

TJR

Call up Sears to complain about PC Richards??? :lol::unsure: