Water stains

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Mackes

Reaction score
My back windows look like they have stains from water beads. I tired windex and that didnt do a thing. Does anybody know of a window cleaner that will take those stains off?

You might try Stoner's Invisible Glass. Foam cleaners seem to work better then the liquid kinds. If the Stoner's doens't work, you might try some clay bar.

I had some water stains, that I removed with rain-x. It might sound unlogical, but I have cleaned windows that were really bad with mothers alluminum mag wheel polish. All I can say is it worked. The windows had over spray from the chemical plant I worked at.

Vinegar and news paper works well also..

Todd Z

I use Rain-X on all of my windows and it seems to prevent the water spots from forming. You have to clean the windows really well before using the Rain-X.

T'ondaB'. I use to do a lot of auto reconditioning, and here is a tip that will work.

We used this on the clear-coat also to get rid of acid rain and mineral spots on

the paint. Take one cup of white distilled vinegar to one cup distilled water and

mix. Take a sponge, soak it in this solution and liberally apply to the surface that

you are trying to remove the spots from. Let it soak, (re-application may be

necessary), wipe dry and lightly polish by hand to see your progress. Another

application may be necessary depending on the severity of the water spots,

or "etching" as we use to call it, since the acid rain and such can literally

etch your paint and glass.

Another by the way. A good coat of wax or glass polish needs to follow as this

method will remove any waxes, polishes or sealants that you have previously

applied.

We have almost etched in water spots. I tried almost every trick in the book, using a porter Cable buffer too. Nothing but clean waterspots.

I bought a jar of A-maz glass cleaning paste. Finally cleaned those spots off. It's no picnic still. Got to scrub hard and the paste dries kind of fast, so small areas at a time. It's only $8-10 to try a jar if you've tried everything else.

Now I dry the glass *first*, after washing.

Good luck.

Ed