Water on the floor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin McGowan

Reaction score
After 2 days of rain here in PA, i have water on the inside of the floor, i pulled the rubber matting up a little and theres water under it...........there are little silver rivets, on the underbody that water keeps dripping out........has anyone else had this problem........how do i fix it?

Sunroof leaking or the rear window seal....

Have to go in the truck remove the back window trim and have some one run a hose over the truck...

Todd Z

I see an XM or Sirius Satellite Radio antenna in one of your photos. If the rain is coming in from the front of the truck, that would be the first place I'd look. I wouldn't have recommended going through the front windshield seal like that.

The floor and console of my '03 Adrenaline was all wet yesterday. However, I traced the problem down to a Sonic Route 44 Cherry Limeade that imploded in my hand when I picked it up out of the console....:angry:

I hope you have the OEM rubber floor mats, like I do. I had a similar incident last week with a Starbucks frappucino. I forgot I had loosened the top, and then decided to shake it before drinking. It went all over the leather seats and floor. Thank goodness for leather and rubber interiors. :D

Kevin...Again, a little more detail on where the water is (mainly). Like right front,

left rear, etc...

Brodie, I have washed my floor mats and thought I had let them dry long enough

before putting them back in, but I guess not. Combination of the rubber backing

on most floor mats combined with the rubber floors in the 'Trac has caused condensation

problems for me, till I got that one figured out! Not soaking wet, mind you, but little

droplets of water under the mat and on the floor. Just an idea.

I would have to agree with Nelson and would be very suspicious of the antenna, if that's what I see in the picture on the passenger side front window. Maybe at least a starting point to look at. Good luck.[Broken External Image]:

If you just notice it after a hard rain then it's no doubt leaking in. If you notice it all the time then your condensation drain may be clogged. That's what recently happened to me in one of my other vehicles.

there is alot of water under my driver side front and back un derthe floor mat the foam layer is drenched i am going to take the seats out and dry it this weekend. has anyone has this problem

Latest posts