Watch Out...Speed traps everywhere !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard L

Reaction score
I just returned from a short 100 mile round trip drive to Temple, TX and back to my home in Waco, TX. I lost count of the number of police speed traps that I spotted. Places I have never seen cops or speed traps before had them swarming all over. I even saw two local police vehicles within 1/4 mile of each other...Not sure if they were working in a team-trap, or did not know the other was just down the road...:bwahaha:

I think the various police departments may have had their federal assistance cut off with the government shut down, and now they are out trying to keep enough money coming in so they don't get laid-off or furloughed

So watch out for speed traps and let us know if you see an increase in speed traps in your area. :supercool:

....Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
They are issuing tickets around here for everything. No doubt local revenues are way down. Cops are charged with raising the cash to keep the local jurisdictions going.

I've noticed that the Capitol Police are out en masse on the DC controlled-yet-in-MD (how is that Constitutional?) part of the Baltimore Washington Parkway.

Knowing that the DC local government has refused to shut down, and yet has no money to be open, I wonder how hellish their speed traps and red light cameras are during the shutdown. The corruption of their traffic enforcement camera program makes MD's corrupt system look pristine.

Thanks obama for desperately trying to make the shutdown hurt people in order to "prove a point". I liked it better when his petulant pouting didn't come close to affecting me directly.:cry:

Latest posts