WalMart

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud Williams

Reaction score
Got this in an e-mail,

Kinda staggers the mind.

HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?

This should boggle your mind!!

And scare you as well!

1 .

At Wal-Mart,Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.

2 .

This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

Wal-Mart will sell morefrom January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot +Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco +K-Mart combined.

Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people

and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English

Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this

in only 15 years.

During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).

Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store

(Earth's population is approximatel (6.5 billion.)

90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a

Wal-Mart

Let Wal Mart bail out Wall Street

Headquartered in.... ARKANSAS!!!

This is just the Wal-Mart side... don't forget the Sam's Club side, which is esentially a totally different business.

I like to shop at the more upscale discount retail store... Target. I feel like I lose IQ points when I have to shop at wally world. I also don't like the fact that Walmart goes into a lot of small towns and outcompetes the mom and pop stores that were there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target. I feel like I lose IQ points when I have to shop at wally world.

It's funny, round my neck of the woods, it's the opposite. The "white trash" goes to Target and the more upscale go to one of the two walmarts.... Jaguars, BMW's, etc. can be found in the parking lot quite regularly.

The other walmart.... pass. Nice store, crammed elbow to elbow and half the patron's can't speak english....

Personally, I do not shop at Wal-Mart unless I have no other choice.

The prices are too high.

The stores are dirty

The parking lots are poorly lit, and IMO, unsafe.

Selection is mediocre, at best.

Quality of goods is sub par.

Just to name a few.

People talked about how cheap Wal-Mart is with their ammo. So I went in there. For a box of 50 rounds of .380 ACP or .38 Special, they were $5.00 HIGHER than my local gun shop, this is buying .38 Special +P's from the gun shop to boot!

I was in W. Virginia a month or so ago and went to Wal-Mart to look at pellet rifles. The were, on average, $20.00 higher on the pellet rifle than Dicks Sporting Goods.

Wal-Mart sucks.

Tom

I try not to buy meats at WalMart, I prefer Publix.

Walmart has good prices on many things, but you still have to

shop around. Overall, Publix is #1. CR rated them 4th or so

nationwide of all the Grocers. The top rated ones were not

in my area. I heard Aldi's is pretty cheap?

How do you like them? any feedback, they are growing

in this area. Clark Howard raves about them.

BTW..Caymen any word on your runaway dog?

Hope you find him.

I tend to buy most ammo online. .40S&W is the same price at Walmart for WWB as most Wolf I can find... WWB is much better. They do not carry many calibers I shoot.

You do know that Walmart will match prices right?

Both Walmarts in my town are clean, well-lit, with a decent selection. The biggest complaint that I have is that the one I usually frequent is slow to restock.

I do prefer Sam's Club for meat, but end up getting most of it at Walmart anyway.

Hope you find your dog!!!

I heard Aldi's is pretty cheap?

How do you like them? any feedback, they are growing

in this area. Clark Howard raves about them.

Aldi pays their employees top money and gives them vacation time. Go figure.

They have a double money back guarentee. If you are not happy with a product, they will give you your money back AND replace the item.

I shop there frequently.

BTW..Caymen any word on your runaway dog?

Hope you find him.

I think she ran off and froze to death. I am heartbroken and absolutly sick over it.

Tom

DesertFox 07

That is not right!:lol:

ROFL:lol::lol:

Looks like he has an Air Force Cap on.

Is that one of your relatives, crazy uncle earl?:lol:

bologna (generic): $1.06

bread (store brand) $0.98

total: $2.04

I can eat like a king(bologna sandwiches all week).

Thank you, Wal-mart.

Wal-Mart profit stays in USA. Wal-Mart is an American company.

Aldi's profit goes overseas. Aldi is a German company.

God Bless the USA!

I hope your dog comes home soon, Caymen. Our pets are just as important (or in my Dad's case more important) than children.

The main reason I can't stand Wal-Mart is that they tell their suppliers the price an item is going to be sold at. That is NOT fair trade!!! Also, several years ago they were keeping unlocked BB guns next to unlocked BB's, and kids were loading the guns and shooting them at people in the stores. It took several law suits to get them to lock up the guns and ammo. :wacko:

If you go to ALDI, which used to own the bakery that I work at, and you buy the bread or donuts look at the date code. If the code ink is black and underneath the date you should see in small print-- BPI followed by a short series of numbers then a time code(military time). If the time is between 1pm (13:00 hrs) and 9pm(21:00hrs) there is a good chance I put that brea in the tray to be shipped out.

And ALDI does pay their employees well. When we were Mississippi Bakery-ALDI Inc. we were paid from $4-$5/hour more than competeing bakeris, could earn up to 5wks vacation(with 18 yrs of service), 5 personal days and 4 sick days. Also got the major holidays off and b-day off. All paid. Didn't have much of a retirement plan tho and didn't match any of the 401k plan. Always had great insurance plans. AHHH the good ole days!

I also had an Uncle that drove for a trucking company that hauled for ALDI and he said they would pick up canned goods for ALDI at the same place some of the brand name canned goods were canned at.

Wal-Mart profit stays in USA. Wal-Mart is an American company.

Aldi's profit goes overseas. Aldi is a German company.

Aldi pays the employees a livable wage. Wal-Mart doesn't. Aldi offers their employees benefits. Wal-Mart offers Welfare.

Tom

Wal*Mart bashing has become popular. But of course, Penn and Teller call BS where needed, and even they agree that Wal*Mart is being given a "bum rap"

object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KrjQqIXHdU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KrjQqIXHdU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Many have a misconception that WalMart has displaced higher paying jobs. Not true. The truth, instead is that WalMart has added jobs to areas where they come in and in the process raised the average salaries for the surrounding residents.

If your only choice for a "career" is a WalMart employee, that would be YOUR FAULT, not WalMart's.

Yes, if I was a mom and pop store owner and a WalMart was coming in I would be upset...but the handwriting has been on the wall for traditional "Main Street" store owners for decades. Compete or die.

TJR