Vent Visor Adhesive Residue Removal?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
We took the vent visor shades off my wifes vehicle yesterday. There is a lot of adhesive residue left. I tried bug & tar remover to get the glue residue off and I cant get the damn stuff off.

Its not on paint. Its on some shiny chrome trim that I believe is actual metal.

What would you guys use and how?

Use the commercial products designed to remove adhesives, like "Goo-Gone" or "Oops". I have used them to remove the adhesive left behind whe removing emblems and other sticky items.

...Rich

I have used hair dryers and the skin off my thumbs.......The chemicals are good if used right as not to damage the paint and surrounding plastic....

Todd Z

I'd gladly pay $20.00 for that! Good choice.

For those interested in the future, Goo Gone is an amazing product. I use it at work all the time. For the more stubborn residues, Oops or Goof Off are even better but are much more harsh and may not be suitable for all surfaces. Another good one that is pretty harmless and smells great is actually just a air freshener called Pure Citrus. I don't know how it does so well with cleaning tape residue, but it does.

Latest posts