Valve cover Leaks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Keefer

Reaction score
I have a question I noticed a year ago my valve covers had a leak. Well I have now notice that the pan on my tranny was wet and it was gold like motor oil. I'm thinking after looking at the left valve cover that it looks like its coming out the back end around a hose like fitting and prbly going south from there. Any one else have this problem an whats involved to fix it???

Aloha Zoey, mine (2002) has been leaking about a year and a half. I smell it when stopped. The valve cover is not much of a lob, the problem is getting to it! there is a lot of plumbing over it. The book calls for 3 hours to fix, around here that is $200-$250. Look on you tube for a video.

Ed

ya I see its a pain in the ass.:soap: I was reading threw archive post an found it it might be my PCV valve as it is wet and the bolt below it has oil all over it. I'm going to prbly change the seals and the PCV valve in one shot since it is not going to cost me but time. Love coming on here for tips on my truck :haveabeer:

If you can verify that the PCV valve is leaking, I'd start with that. If that doesn't fix it, then move on to more involved attempts.

I have replaced 4 valve covers on 4 Sts.....

The pvc notch fails, the valve falls out and leaks.... Crappy design...

Todd Z

Latest posts