vacuum leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Hach

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with a vacuum leak under the dash on the passenger side? This is on a 2008 Adrenalin. You will get it on any setting on the heater control. I hear it most in stop and go traffic as I leave a stoplight or after I have coasted a way and then re-accelerate. I just got it back from my dealer where they pretty much blew me off because my warrenty is just couple hundred miles from being up. First they blamed it on my K&N air filter. When I told them it was doing it before the filter install they changed their story to the heater system was originally designed for a V6 and with the 4.6 V8 it will do this. I told them it didn't do it when it was new and up to a year ago when I started hearing it. Like I said..."blew me off" Anybody got any ideas? Thanks. Russ

Ford Motor Company

Customer Relationship Center

P.O. Box 6248

Dearborn, MI 48126

800-392-FORD (3673)

Not that I would expect them to be very helpful either. Ford doesn't seem to care that many of its dealers are asses.

Try another dealer or two. Get it documented in writing that it is your K&N or design flaw.

Good luck.

Ford Dealers are Ford's worst enemy-- well, that and the new Taurus/Explorer.

Only remotely related TSB I could find is this.

TSB

07-12-6 FRONT BLOWER MOTOR WHISTLE NOISE - VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 06/7/2007

ISSUE:

Some 2006-2007 Explorer, Mountaineer and 2007 Sport Trac vehicles built on or before 6/7/2007 may exhibit a whistling noise from the instrument panel coming from the front blower motor. Typically, the noise will occur when the blower motor is set to high speed, the air recirculation is deactivated (fresh air mode) and when the climate control temperature is set to cold. The noise is due to an air gap in the blower motor housing at the electrical connector.

If it does it on any setting it would pretty much have to be the vacuum supply line. Try disconnecting it under the hood and see if it goes away.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2010 adren does this ONLY when I use the automatic climate control..... IF I do the setting manually it does not......

It is annoying but I have heard it before in ST's, IT the climate controll moving the doors under there to adjust the temp and stuff....

The ONLY noise in the truck... So i use the manual climate settings

Todd Z

Thanks guys. I think I'll try the unhook and see what happens and if I can find a hand vacuum pump to draw the air off and see if it makes the noise then with the motor off.

Latest posts