used STA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Forbes

Reaction score
I found a used STA on autotrader and thought it was a pretty good deal. I emailed the dealer (which is in florida) and they said they'd buy me out of my current ford lease, which is about 7 months. First off I've never done this and wanted to know if this is legit? If so, is there anything I should look out for if I actually go through with this. Also, any opinions on this truck? Good deal? Not a good deal? Tell me what you think. It blue booked at 28,000.

Thanks in advance.

Dealer Website: http://www.tombush.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=27202389

VIN: 1FMEU23898UA99165

Yes, they can buy out your truck lease, that is legit, but with money owing they will probably roll that amount into the price of your new vehicle. I have had my dealer buy out two of my trucks from leases, the first was because my mileage was way higher than what I had expected and the second was a freaking lemon, so they helped me get out of that lease and into a new truck. None of those deals were free and I ended up paying some money, but it was worth it to me in both cases.

So you should look out for the price of the "buy out" being stuck into the sale price of your new ST.

I agree with Olaf.

It is much like the commercials you see when they say they will pay off your existing loan no matter what you owe...

That amount gets rolled into the new loan...

But fully legal and legit and sometimes well worth it as the new amount is at a lower finance rate.

i am personal friends with a man who just basically stole a new jag off the lot. the dealer paid for the rest of his dues on his lease including the fee to get out early (i forget the name) and agreed to sell him the car at their cost! they basically paid him 2g's to take the car off the lot!

there are a lot of good deals going on. nice looking STA

Latest posts