Upset Customer!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WXMotorSports DecalsPartsAccs

Reaction score
Customer emails me and says he is very upset with his order as the wrong color was sent out. Not really thinking to double check the order, I tell him here is the RGA# and send them back to us and I'll refund the shipping charges on the return package.

Well, I open the package today and the product is not even from my company! Now how he thought it was is beyond me because the directions cleary state where he purchased them from...LOL

Hey Seattle. I have a used jar of Peter Pan peanut butter that I need to return. Mind sending me an RGA#? :D

There was a story about an old lady , sears and some used tires.... It is long and boring, Has a good point, but too long to type....

Todd Z

I don't appreciate you posting about me on here like that, lol. :D

J/K it wasn't me!

LOL, that's great though.

You should tell the guy if he wants the stuff back he has to pay for the shipping to you and back to him.

George

watch out that he still doesnt fight his credit card :)

i had a customer send me an empty fedex envelope once and then claim to his credit card company that he returned the merchandise - good thing i saved the envelope. I won the chargeback case

I don't know the story about Sears, but I do know the story about Nordstrom's, which like Costco pretty much has a liberal policy on returns. An old man returned a set of tires to Nordstrom's in Seattle insisting he had purchased them there. Of course Nordstrom's has never been in the biz of selling tires, but they took them back anyway*. This customer service story has done wonders for Nordstrom's which is why it always ranks high in that category and is considered world-class when it comes to customer service, along with the Ritz Carlton and a few other companies which anually get recognized.

*As it turns out the old man did buy the tires from that location--prior to Nordstrom's, there was a tire shop on the premises.

I own a house and window cleaning company. Occasionally someone will call and say "Don't clean my house today." Click-click on the mouse. "Umm, ma'am, you're not our customer." "Oh.:blink: I wonder who it is that cleans my house then."

I can't make this stuff up.

There was an article in the paper a while back about the rise of returns.

One person returned a thawed turkey with all the fixing for return because their dinner guests had car problems and could not make it.

Wal-Mart took the turkey back.

Tom

Yeah, but Wal-mart will take anything back. It's one of the reasons I don't necessarily mind shopping there. When I have something and need to bring it back, even if I didn't buy it there, I can still bring it back there. I feel I give them enough business that $20-$40 a year in returns won't hurt (seeing as how I spend on average $60+ a week there).

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to make products for Lexmark, and the agreement between Walmart and their suppiers (like Lexmark) is that the supplier has to reimbursement Walmart for ANY return item for any reason, and the supplier has to reimbursement Walmart for any thefts. They also pay for the shelf space (lost profit) if there isn't a product sitting where it is supposed to.

Everyone was buying Lexmark printers, taking the ink cartridges out and returning the printers. Walmart returned a hole warehouse of printers to Lexmark and expected them to pay, which they did.

And we wonder why the price of all of our products keep going up in our country.

Latest posts