*Upper Radiator Hose Warning*

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a word of warning to all you other Trac owners...This weekend I had to replace my upper radiator hose due to a large gaping hole in it. The hole was caused by the large brass nut on the A/C condenser line that is right near where the hose curves to go to the radiator (at least I think its the A/C condenser).....anyways just a heads up, might save you 30 bucks for a new hose if u catch it soon enough and get that area reinforced......and the gas it takes to find one, cause of the autoparts stores not knowing there is a difference between a job 1 and a job 2 (job 1 hose is way shorter)...the only place i found it was NAPA! Just a heads up to anyone who hasnt already had this problem!!!

Here are 2 to check..

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Drivers side back valve cover.... That is the other end of the vacuum elbow that is known for cracking.... This end is known for leaking oil and or falling off....

Todd Z

oh.....yea i think i have had that replaced already.....too bad i didnt catch it sooner...but i will look at the one ford replaced it with to see if it needs any adjusting so it wont do that again....thanks for the headsup on that....!

thanks, Braxton and Thanks Todd for the pics on what to look for. I will be checking mine tomarrow._Ron

I think Ford should get with their Mazda designers and figure out how they eliminated almost all of the hoses under their hoods.

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah, They put all of them under a plastic cover....

Open that cover and you will reveal a can of chef boyrdee.... LOL

Todd Z

Nelson,

Stop by and pop the hood on a Focus 2.3. Same engine. Mazda is using Ford's engine. The plastic cover is on the Mazda, the Ford shouldn't have one.

Tom

Yep, this damn hose got me.

Ford replaced it once, I couldn't get them to replace under the ESP when it happened again, after my zip tie broke*.

* Those of you who have used the zip ties, check them periodically!

I found out what the dipstick handle wore through it after I smelled pancake syrup this spring! It was a good opportunity to get a coolant flush though.

BTW, I had the same hassle trying to find the right part. Never did find it. Took it to a shop who found it after a few attempts. I don't believe the new one touches the dip-stick. I'll have to double check.

Darin,

Nope in 07 it rubs the intake manifold bolts......:lol::lol:

Todd Z

Latest posts