Upper control arm bushings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydawg74

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their upper control arm bushings? My passenger sides are shot. The arm is actually moving in and out! I'll probably go with the Moog replacements. My question is, is there a sleeve that needs replaced along with the rubber bushing? Will I need a press to install the new ones?

Thanks fellas!

Don't know about the sleeves but a press is required. May be much easier and cheaper to replace the UCA that includes a new ball joint.

You probably have the two piece arm that can be replaced with the beefier one piece. See link below and make sure to check alignment. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
id replace them whole arm. It would be alot easier. I would personally do both sides as they both most likely have the same mileage in them and might be gone soon too. I just did minemand it was fairly easy to do yourself.

I recently replaced whole upper & lower Control arms... Was gonna just do bushings too, good thing I did the complete arms... Ball joints were shot! Complete control arms would be best... Installation was easy too.

The arm I'm referring to is the passenger side. I have the two piece configuration. I did replace both uppers with ball joints 2 years ago. To my knowledge, the two piece uppers come separately as I didn't see one with the bushing end included and I don't recall replacing it when I did them last time.

Latest posts