Upper and lower ball joints

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince Coshenet

Reaction score
I took my ST to Farm and Fleet to have an alignment done because I was having uneven tire wear on the fronts. Turns out the ball joints are bad. They quoted me a little over $1000 to replace them. :cry: This seems really high to me. Anyone else have experience with this repair?

That's high if you have mechanical ability then can do it for allot cheeper yourself. The joints run like 60.00 each so 240.00 and you can rent the tool to do it. If you have factory ball joints I have a brand new Moog upper passenger side I will sell 25.00 shipped let me know.

i had a 2wd 2001 2 lower 45x2 for the part $200 labor 2 upper control arms $170 $120 to put in at cab place there cheep i got parts on line at auto parts tomorro =$580 but just get new uper control arms better way to go $1000 seams all right :eek:nline::haveabeer:

If you do it your self don't forget to get a frontend alinement afterwords and Firestone gave me a quote of 270.00 for upper ball joint make sure your new ones have grease fitings factory ones don't

My mechanic said it would be around $600. It's something I would be willing to tackle myself. So, of course, the next question is which brand do you guys recommend?

Latest posts