Upgraded PCM software from dealer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Stewart

Reaction score
Had a CEL the other day so I took it by the dealer. Since I just recently had my 20K maintenance, they didn't find anything wrong other than resetting some of the computer stuff (technical jargon I know :)) at which point they downloaded the latest PCM upgrade. It sure made a difference ... accelerates smoother and the service manager said I should see an increase in gas mileage.

Not yet Flip, I was in a hurry and they're sending invoice to me along with a survey ... get a free oil change and full tank of gas when I bring it in :) Should have it in the next day or so.

Nice of them to send you off right after actual service was performed as opposed to holding you there for at x amount of hours to get their service hours in.

I recently got my tranny replaced and I'm wondering if the PCM was also updated because I don't recall the tranny ever shifting this crisply. I'm concerned since I own an XCal2 tuner that may need to be updated???

This dealership has always given me great service, surprising. And I was in and out in under an hour :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know what the code was for... Wounder if it Was a tranny code and they upped the shifts or pressures..

Todd Z

Latest posts