upgrade to navigation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 07 limited vs and I wanna put a stock navigation in my truck what do u need to upgrade does it have a separate computer or just a head unit or is it just a plug and play

I wanted upgrade to OEM nav in my '10 (from the 6 disc player). I was told by the dealer that quite a bit of wiring and and the steering wheel controls are different and Ford advised against it. I finally contacted Oemautopartsco.com who supplied a kit which allowed a seamless install. Mine had Sync and that was also retained. I was able to install the unit myself. They program you VIN so you don't have to go to the dealer to get a flash.

Customer service was excellent.

Sport Tracs are not listed on their search, but f you search for an explorer you will get to a ST.

Overall, I was very happy with the upgrade.

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the OEM GPS unit on our 2006 Mountaineer. Glad we got the vehicle used and it came with it. If we would have paid for it as an option, we would have been seriously pissed. Compared to a Garmin Nuvi, the OEM model is a joke.

Tom

I guess you can buy a used Navigation Stereo, but how much was Oemautopartsco selling the harness and or kit needed?

Latest posts